As part of the Digital Design team, this role is focused on how new technology will drive next generation of design and delivery. We believe there is an exciting new future at the intersection of technology and the design process. The role of a Digital Design Specialist is to promote, implement, support and strategize with the individual studios of our office. This position would focus on BIM workflows as part of a team looking to holistically approach the four areas of Digital Design (DD): Building Information Modeling, Design Visualization, Computational Design and Performance Design.
This position will have relevant proficiency in the proposed BIM authoring and coordination software, with a primary focus on Revit. The individual shall serve as the main point of contact for Design Teams on the four DD areas listed above. The Digital Design Specialist will act as a mentor to project teams on the best practices of moving through the lifecycle of a project. Engage with all levels of studio members to rethink how technology impacts our everyday process and deliver new ways of working.
What You Will Do
* Conduct research and development for new Digital Design workflows
* Facilitate Digital Design training (new employee/continuing education)
* Coach and support studios and individuals
* Establish documented processes, procedures and workflows
* Manage project templates, model management and content development
* Support development and compliance with the approved BIM Execution and BIM Scope Plans
* Responsible for the development, coordination, publication, and verification that all necessary configurations required for seamless integration of design and construction model information have been implemented
* Aid teams in BIM management
* Assist teams in confirming that the four areas of Digital Design are used appropriately to test design requirements/criteria for functionality
* Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent, with 3-5 years of experience in design or construction practice
* Expert knowledge of and proven practical background in Autodesk Revit Architecture and related Building Information Modeling software
* Familiarity with other Design and Visualization applications such as Autodesk 360 (Cloud Rendering), Enscape, VRay, Navisworks, FormIt, etc.
* Familiarity with Computational Design applications such as Dynamo and Grasshopper, etc.
* Articulate communicator able to convey Digital Design concepts to all levels of design and delivery professionals
* An entrepreneurial spirit who embraces change and constantly seeks out new opportunities for creativity and innovation
* Demonstrate a reliable, responsive and positive work ethic with the highest degree of integrity
* Ability to exercise judgment and discretion and to set priorities and manage competing demands
* Demonstrated ability to develop learning material, deliver effective training and provide ongoing education and support to Revit project teams
* Punctual, able to adhere to deadlines, and have a strong work ethic.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions and hackathons, to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our teams' diverse interests.
We encourage our employees to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.