At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Wells Fargo Virtual Channels (WFVC) is part of the Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) business division. WFVC serves consumer and small business customers through digital (online, mobile, and social) and contact centers (phone, email, and correspondence). We provide customers with convenient ways to manage their accounts, enable digital payments, provide solutions that meet their financial needs, and more. WFVC serves over 27 million customers through our digital channels and support over 5.8 billion customer interactions annually through digital and contact centers.
Wells Fargo Digital Experience Design (DxD) creates simple, friendly digital experiences by being obsessed with what's most important to our 20+ million customers and incorporating their voices into every decision we make.
Content strategy is baked into our user-centered process from concept to launch. Our Content Strategists are equal partners with Designers for all of our engagements, and they often lead engagements.
Why you'll thrive here
You share our passion for customer experience and problem-solving. You work well with others but you aren't afraid to stand up for what you think is right. You're diplomatic and flexible, and you've got what it takes to influence others. You are comfortable with ambiguity, but you are always leading yourself and others toward clarity. You see the big picture, but you also find satisfaction in making every detail right.
You know the difference between content strategy and writing, and you do both well. You love words, but you understand that content is much more than just copy. You consider the whole experience. You also:
* Have an understanding of the user-centered design process, including personas, task analysis, task flows, content audits, content strategies, and user testing * Understand what's technically possible, and how business rules work with customer experience * Are organized and able to work on several projects at once * Have succeeded in highly collaborative, iterative design projects, based on an Agile model
What you'll be responsible for
* Collaborating with Designers, Content Strategists, Producers, and Researchers on multi device experiences for WF Digital Banking experience * Creating content strategies that meet customer needs and business goals, with a special focus on one of these 3 areas: the Security features for our secure session experience, our chat and chatbot experience, or the application process. * Writing and editing copy - you make every word count * Often acting as DXD project or scrum lead, presenting customer experience recommendations, giving input on user stories, coordinating with multi-disciplinary project teams, and handling escalations * Working on large projects as well as ongoing maintenance, both independently and as part of a team * Working with project teams to understand business goals and identify customer needs * Partnering with product managers, project managers, developers, business analysts, legal/compliance, and more * Performing light interaction design
As a senior-level Content Strategist, you may also:
* Own and maintain standards and guidelines * Supervise internal contractors and external vendors * Lead a series of projects and complex programs * Present the entire experience to large groups or senior leaders * Moderate working sessions * Participate in early discovery work that helps to determine future strategy * Advocate for change that enhances customer experience and improves process * Lead and/or support the optimization of our content documentation
* During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume prior to submitting your application for consideration. If you are a Wells Fargo Team Member, in your Jobs Profile ensure that your email address is valid and updated to an address that can receive external emails outside of the banking network and is a different email address than the one you originally used when you joined Wells Fargo. Initial contact with you will be made via e-mail. Please check your e-mail regularly for updates. * Depending on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo Bank.
* 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: digital customer experience, digital product/program management, digital platforms, or digital consulting
* Experience with user centered design principles * Financial services experience * Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills * Ability to negotiate, influence, and collaborate to build successful relationships * Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills * Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) skills
Other Desired Qualifications
* 6 years' experience developing and implementing digital content strategies and copy for large, public-facing websites * Experience in the digital security space, chatbots, or application process * Experience leading multi-disciplinary project teams and presenting the end-to-end user experience to partners * Experience working on fast-paced engagements that follow an interactive design model * Experience developing and owning digital editorial standards and guidelines
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
CA-SF-Financial District: 550 California St - San Francisco, CA
NC-Charlotte: 401 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a banking and financial services holding company.