University of California
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance-academic and artistic, political and cultural-make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: July 9, 2019
UC Berkeley's VC Finance division is a trusted and strategic campus partner, supporting the teaching, research, and public service goals of faculty, students, and staff, financially sustainable, and providing services for the campus common good. This position is a key role in the Financial Information Systems (FIS) unit in the Controller's Office that oversees the operations of software solutions that support mission-critical financial information applications utilized to operate the University. The FIS is based on the PeopleSoft Financials and Supply Chain Management (FSCM) product, with additional supporting applications.
The objective of the FIS unit is manage a continuous cycle of technical improvements and feature enhancements in PeopleSoft application systems and associated applications. The applications support processes including general ledger, budgeting, accounts payable, purchasing, accounts receivable, billing, a customer portal, project costing, contracts and grants. To ensure the success of these mission-critical systems, the department consists of highly skilled functional experts who will test and implement new features, respond to customer issues and campus needs, and keep all systems running optimally throughout the financial reporting cycles.
* Produces design and layout for a variety of web site applications.
* Meets and consults with clients on a variety of electronic communications projects including moderately complex assignments, and develops, presents, and recommends web content, training videos,and other visual material.
* Accountable for ensuring technical accuracy and understandability of website content.
* Maintains currency with emerging and state-of-the-art technical and other web-related equipment, requirements and developments (for example, accessibility issues) and recommends and as directed, takes action to ensure compliance.
* Thorough knowledge of the fundamentals of writing, grammar, syntax, editorial style, and punctuation, including skill to write in a clear and lively style.
* Thorough understanding of how to design, create and deploy accessibility-friendly training videos related to business systems and software applications.
* Thorough understanding of technical language and requirements of the assigned work.
* Thorough knowledge of content management systems and/or relevant web applications used for web site production, and campus-specific computer application programs.
* Thorough skills to create clear, easy-to-navigate, informative, accurate, well-designed, and functional web sites that provide web content consistent with the campus message and in keeping with management directives and client objectives.
* Thorough understanding of institutional processes, procedures, and applicable rules and regulations for web communications.
* Thorough technical skills in computer applications for web production, image handling, video design, publishing and design, illustration, presentation preparation, animation, web interaction, and/or other state-of-the-art web communication capabilities.
* Thorough interpersonal communication skills.
* Thorough skills to develop and implement original ideas and correctly identify and effectively solve problems.
Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
About University of California
University of California is a public research university system.