Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
We are looking for a Diagnostics Systems Engineer who will be responsible for translating high level diagnostics requirements from manufacturing, after sales, etc. into requirements for vehicle systems and subsystems. You will also own the Diagnostic Systems authoring, implementation and testing in various ECUs. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
* Lead the diagnostics effort
* Clarify customer requirements and create specifications following practises as per SPICE SYS/SWE
* Work with the service and manufacturing organization to gather and implement requirements
* Closely work with software teams on functional diagnostics
* Structure, develop and maintain DTCs and related data
* Configure UDS services as needed for each sub-system
* Create diagnostic specifications using authoring tools based on ODX.
* Work interactively with cross functional teams and suppliers to implement/verify/validate requirements
* Support on-going development of test specifications and relevant tooling lists
* 5+ years of Automotive experience in Diagnostics
* Strong knowledge of relevant standards: ISO 14229 (UDS), ISO 15765 (DoCAN), ISO 13400 (DoIP), ISO 22901-1 (ODX)
* Diagnostic specification / authoring tool experience (CANdela Studio or similar)
* Hands-on experience in using test equipment and validation tools such as CANoe, CANalyzer
* Supplier management experience and a strong background in working with cross functional groups
* Experience in automotive applications and applicable interfaces such as CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills both on test benches and in vehicles
* Experience in Embedded SW development, ECU reprogramming (software up-/ download)
* Experience with managing diagnostics on an AUTOSAR-based platforms / products
* Experience in integration of Vector CAN Stack software components
* Familiarity with the AUTOSAR diagnostic stack
* Bachelor of Science, in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a luxury mobility company reimagining what a car can be.