Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a candidate with extensive software and system engineering leadership to define and engage activities that support strategic business operational and transformational changes within the Software Engineering Center to improve efficiencies. The DevOps Transformation Leader will report directly to Software Center Strategic Operations manager and will be a member of the Software Center Strategic Operations team. The selected candidate will be a proven leader and organizational change agent capable of driving fundamental changes in how we execute on programs.
He or she will be responsible for providing extensive support to the Software Center and all Mission Areas, initiating a wide range of key activities including DevOps deployment, organizational process and strategic staffing improvements.
The candidate will be able to effectively engage with teams to positively influence the overall business development and SAS growth goals. As a software leader, the candidate will be responsible to execute an assortment of diagnostic activities to characterize current state Software Center operational performance and develop/execute enrichment plans.
* The ideal candidate will have experience working in a multi-discipline, agile and continuous integration environment.
U.S. Citizenship status is required and this position will require a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of employment
* Minimum 12 years of experience in leading software development activities of complex military software systems or equivalent.
* Minimum 10 years of experience developing in C/C++, other High Order Languages and Machine/Assembly languages
* Minimum 6 years of experience in Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) and Project Management role with strong knowledge and experience in Software
* Ability to provide Engineering leadership and utilizing key principles and methodologies of DevOps
* Demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate individuals and teams to maximize their productivity
* Ability to effectively engage a collaborative, multi-discipline environment that produces and maintains deliverable products across geographic and programmatic boundaries to meet key milestones
* Strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience presenting to customer a community a plus
* Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance within one year of employment
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data system
* Experience working with senior customer leadership (internal and external) to understand their needs and provide technical support to the customers and stakeholders
* Technical leadership through all phases of the development cycle from pre-acquisition studies, system requirement generation, contracting, system requirements review, design review, factory and site testing, and deployment
* Certified Scrum Master
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related curriculum 142944 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.