Summary of the role
The DevOps Tools Administrator will focus on the optimal setup, usage, and support of our tools to enable our technology & business teams to be highly efficient. While JIRA and Confluence are our primary service offerings, this role will also oversee our other tools leveraged by the Development & Test teams to build, test, and release features for Pokemon.com and other digital products.
What You Will Do
* Creating and managing project workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, notification schemes, and other aspects of tool configuration & usage.
* Testing, installing and configuring 3rd party add-ons for our tools to provide enhanced functionality.
* Providing training to new users of JIRA, Confluence, and other tools to leverage best practices and avoid common pitfalls
* Own the relationship with our vendors, including procurement, licensing, and support.
* Drive our approach to supporting our users and continuously improving our service offerings.
What You Will Bring
* 2+ years experience administering JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket; other tools such Artifactory, Jenkins, etc are a plus.
* Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
* Possess an industrious mentality, accountability and strong verbal/written communication, documentation, and collaboration skills.
* Excited to collaborate with a team in a fast-paced environment to develop and enhance amazing platforms and services.
How You Will Be Successful
* Communication: Impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
* Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
* Great people skills: You know the "how" is as important as the "what" and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
* Passion & Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
* Logical and analytical: You're able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You're adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
* Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.