Partners Data Systems
As an established software technology vendor, InterSystems Corporation is committed to making its customers successful by providing a robust and scalable data platform serving business-critical applications in healthcare, finance, etc. Next to persistence, interoperability and Open Analytics capabilities, the InterSystems IRIS Data Platform also offers freedom of choice in terms of programming languages and framework stacks, which supports a broad variety of use cases through embedded technologies, industry standard support and language bindings that complement the platform.
InterSystems is looking for a DevOps Solution Engineer to form a team that will be supporting our sales teams around the globe in this broad and complex domain, advising them on how to use InterSystems' product capabilities effectively as well as recommend appropriate complementary third-party tools to implement Industry use cases required by our prospects and customers.
One of the main job responsibilities is to stay in touch with the DevOps Community and related DevOps technologies such as Git, CI tools, Dockers, Kubernetes, etc. and use this knowledge to help a team to support demos of applications that mix InterSystems IRIS capabilities (database, integration, analytics, etc.) and other technologies (Java, Node, Python, etc.).
The second most important aspect of this job is to share his/her experience with using InterSystems IRIS with others. Presentation and writing skills are important.
* Support the development of easy to use solution demos that combine InterSystems technology and other technologies and frameworks to support our sales teams on presenting the full spectrum of what is possible with our technology. These demos must be supported by videos, blog posts, white papers and documentation for our sales teams, partners and customers.
* Work with members of his/her team and the respective product management teams to understand, apply and document best practices and support the creation of prescriptive architectures and samples for solutions built with InterSystems technologies that are based on specific programming languages and framework stacks.
* Establish technical credibility internally and externally by publishing videos, white papers, blog posts and articles about the reference architectures, solutions and use cases.
* He/she will be helping us to understand industry use cases and combine the right set of technologies with InterSystems IRIS to build a demo/solution/framework that exemplify how these problems could be addressed. All of that must be built following DevOps best practices.
* He/she will be constantly learning about different industries and technologies to get this done, and as he/she does it, he/she will be invited to write about it on Blog Posts, white papers or even to present on public events.
* Bachelor's degree, with a major in Computer Science
* 5+ years of progressive experience in the software market
* Excellent software development skills in order to successfully design and implement applications. Knowledge of Java, Python, Powershell and Bash.
* Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems administration;
* Web Server Administration and IP networking.
* Docker and Kubernetes
* Git and Continuous Integration tools such as TravisCI
* Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills in order to evaluate application performance and determine any applicable improvements.
* Strong communication skills to interface with colleagues
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.