Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company that specializes in the development of self-driving technology. Our AI tech represents the next generation of artificial brains for robots - it enables machines to perceive, learn, and navigate complex environments, while avoiding people and obstacles. We partner with commercial equipment manufacturers, and global consumer electronics brands, to transform their products into self-driving robots.
This position is for an DevOps Software Engineer who will focus on building software systems for our commercial products. As a software engineer, you will work to build the systems that connect our robots, keep them running smoothly, and gather data from them to feed development, operations, and reporting. You will work with a growing team of talented engineers using modern tools and processes to rapidly deliver software to the cloud. Within the team, you will specialize on cloud infrastructure design and automation.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* Create an infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across the entire team
* Championing best practices for building scalable and reliable services
* Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers
* Develop tooling to create ergonomic and efficient use of the infrastructure
* Writing custom services to autonomously manage scaling up and down the infrastructure
* Working with developers to optimize workflows and improve the cadence and quality of releases
* Interface with real hardware in complex dynamic environments
What you need
* 2+ years experience in software development or system administration
* BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
* Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, helm, ansible, etc.)
* Experience with cloud providers (preferably EC2, RDS, S3, etc)
* Deep understanding of Linux operating systems and containerization (Kubernetes, etc.)
* Strong understanding of networking, especially in a Kubernetes context; familiarity with service mesh technologies (Linkerd, Itsio, etc.)
* Understand the need for and passionate about security
* Experience instrumenting applications in a microservice architecture (tracing frameworks, USE and RED methods, and log processing, etc.)
Things that make a difference
* 5+ years experience in software development or system administration
* Proficiency in a mainstream compiled language (Java, C#, C++, Go, etc)
* Experience working on a public Web API
* Experience operating systems with operational SLAs
* Passion for robotics, automation, and technology
Limited domestic and international travel will be required (<10% of time).
About Brain Corporation
Brain Corporation is a developer of autonomous navigational technologies.