Beyondsoft is a leading IT consulting and managed services provider specializing in consulting, product engineering, IT services and business process outsourcing. Beyondsoft combines business and technology experience to help clients successfully deliver on each of their web-based initiatives.
We are looking for an exceptional DevOps Software Engineer to join our team in Dallas, TX (near DFW airport). In this role you will lead the charge in implementing the next generation of Cloud architecture for a major business unit within an award winning financial services organization dedicated to staying on the cutting edge of technology.
* Building out and improving the reliability and performance of cloud applications and cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services, building the next generation of web applications and systems infrastructure, focusing on automation, availability and performance.
* Providing advanced engineering support to production support teams for complex application performance and infrastructure issues.
* Automate and build out new application environments on the Cloud, spearheading automation and high performing system projects.
* Define architectural approaches and develop test frameworks for automated test execution in a heterogeneous (private/public) cloud environment.
* Lead solution reviews (design and code) for test automation solutions.
* Develop and enforce quality assurance best practices in a cloud environment, to include test automation of functional and non-functional requirements (and security in particular).
* Lead in keeping up to date on the latest technological developments in the cloud and QA spaces.
* Reduce existing QA automated infrastructure technical debt through iterative continual improvement process.
* Serve as cloud subject matter expert.
* Familiarity with various core programming languages such as Java, C#, and C++
* Expertise in container technologies: Docker, CoreOS RKT, etc.
* 2+ years working Amazon AWS Cloud
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Build/Release tools, Test Automation tools, and Docker
* Strong background in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and DaaS product offerings
* Scripting languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, Ruby
* UNIX, Linux and Automation tools (Chef, Puppet)
* Excellent problem-solving and effective research skills
* Customer service skills
* Dedication and willingness to occasionally work some alternative schedules, when necessary
* Experience working in an Agile-Scrum environment is a plus
* Candidate must have an accredited Bachelors and/or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or an equivalent professional experience in a related field.
Please note that ONLY LOCAL candidates will be considered at this time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.