Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
Our College Station, TX location is growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits and location amenities with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our campus is packed with amenities such as an on-site gym & showers, full-sized basketball court, sand volleyball court, putting green, game room with satellite TV, pool table, foosball, video and board games, as well as BBQ grills, fire pit, balcony lounge, coffee, juice, snack bars, and more. In conjunction with our generous benefits package, it's hard to beat!
As a DevOps engineer, you will play a key role in the design, development, testing, and technical support of various software products related to providing satellite internet and WiFi services to a wide range of applications. Our DevOps teams must posses the creativity and motivation to deliver exceptional customer experience and to solve real problems for real users. You will interact with customers and project management in an Agile environment to create, develop, and maintain software systems to provide the highest quality products and services to customers world-wide.
You must be able to work closely with team members who are distributed geographically to collaborate in solving problems and designing solutions.
* 0-3 years experience with commercial software development of distributed applications or systems
* Be able to read and comprehend software requirements
* Familiarity with programming languages such as Python and Java.
* Knowledge of software quality processes and tools such as unit testing, creation of requirements-based test plans, manual and automated test creation and execution.
* Broad range of technology interests including computer and system architecture, web applications, performance analysis, distributed systems design, testing and verification technologies, data processing, and networking.
* Ability to work on distributed, remote Agile teams with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills to drive interactions with customers, peers, and project managers.
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
* Experience with cloud computing and AWS.
* Experience with Agile methodologies in a DevOps environment.
* Domain knowledge in sattelite communication systems, network provisioning, server and network visualization, BSS/OSS
* Experience with SOA based integration techniques using web services, XML/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, or GraphQL
* Experience with Git
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.