Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector/Integrated Intelligence business unit is seeking a DevOps Software Engineer for a program that provides large scale development, testing, deployment and O&M for the Intelligence community. The successful candidate will support the full life cycle development of components using COTS, GOTS, and various in-house applications. The individual will work with members of a diverse project team and participate in the overall design and creation of web-based and other software applications and must possess excellent communication skills.
This Software engineer will be expected to:
* Provide thought leadership in all principles of DevOps: Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Automated Testing
* Design, implement, and maintain automation and enhancements to DevOps tools
* Setup and administer DevOps tools such as GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus
* Coach and mentor other software developers and engineers in applying DevOps principles across a wide variety of systems and applications
* Ensure software compliance standards are met
* Develop supporting technical documentation including requirements and design documents and end user operational instructions.
* Support regular Customer interaction through demos, status meetings, and technical exchanges
This position may be filled at a level 2 or 3 depending on the experience and skills of the candidate.
Software Engineer 2: Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of related experience, Master's degree with 0 years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
Software Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of related experience, Master's degree with 3 years, (4 years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree).
* Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience in Software development or engineering.
* Must hold a current or active Top Secret/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
* Demonstrated experience of 1 years managing at least one of the following DevOps tools: Chef, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube
* Demonstrated experience of 1 years developing software while adhering to DevOps principles including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment, and Infrastructure as code, and automated testing
* Demonstrated experience building and maintaining automated code pipelines
* Demonstrated experience writing Chef scripts or experience writing in Ruby
* Demonstrated experience with Node.JS
* Demonstrated experience of 1 years writing scripts to automate manual processes
* Demonstrated experience with full-stack development
* Demonstrated experience developing and deploying software using containers
* Demonstrated experience developing and deploying serverless software in a cloud environment
* Demonstrated experience with AWS services such as EC2, RDS, Lambda
* Demonstrated experience with AWS CI/CD services such as CodeDeploy, CodeCommit, CodePipeline
* Demonstrated knowledge of InfoSec best practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.