Description:Lockheed Martin C6ISR is looking for a highly motivated DevOps engineers to support the architecture, development, and testing of a next-gen system that enables to rapidly field new capabilities to combat the latest threats to the DoD and international customers. This system may include concepts such as secure High Availability (HA) cloud-based storage and orchestration solutions, advanced networking and Big Data processing concepts in support of projects related to sonar & undersea systems.
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Technical Engagements and presentations with technical leads
* Working with a small to medium-sized agile team
* Developing a cloud-based Linux systems that supports a variety of application footprints
* Rapid evaluation of technology viability to technical leads
* Proficiency implementing algorithms in two of the following: (C, NodeJS, Python, C++, Java)
* Proficient in functional or object oriented programming
* Fast learner who can quickly pickup new technologies
* Experience in architecting/developing cloud-based Linux systems that supports a variety of application footprints (Bare Metal, Virtualized, Containerized)
* Experience in systems engineering, integration and test
* Hands-on experience in two or more of the following areas
1. Architecting/developing HA cloud-based Linux systems that supports a variety of application footprints (Bare Metal, Virtualized, Containerized)
2. Cloud-based system orchestration via a Kubernetes-based (or similar) stack
3. Software defined networking (SDN)
4. Distributed Storage (ie. HDFS, Ceph, Gluster)
5. Big Data processing (HADOOP, Spark)
6. Messaging Middleware
7. RESTful service development
8. Automated build and system deployment (Cobbler, Ansible/Puppet)
* Experience with micro-service or lambda-based architectures
* Familiarity with undersea/submarine systems & missions
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience in Agile methods
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.