DevOps Engineer-Warehousing IT (2nd Shift M-F; Flexibility to S-TR)
Location is Open to Hebron, KY, Cranbury, NJ, McDonough, GA, Orem, UT, and Perris, CA
Warehouse DevOps Engineers play an important role in providing technical assistance to Wayfair's global 24/7 warehousing and delivery network. We are seeking talented individuals who are compassionate about understanding the intricate parts of our applications and systems. We pride ourselves in root causing application issues and providing solutions to keep cartons moving.
What You'll Do
* Respond to issues of all sizes: From major outages to minor alerts and escalations, you'll fix or escalate issues as needed that impact our global warehousing network
* Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents
* Triage and replicate application problems, resolve or escalate well documented issues to appropriate teams
* Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation.
* Propose and develop tools/solutions that enhance our warehousing network and create efficiency for our stakeholders
What You'll Need
* Minimum 4 years of experience/support of Warehouse Management Systems
* Proactive and complex problem solver: Quickly recognize inefficiencies, assess conditions, and develops an advantageous solution.
* High technical aptitude: Able to understand high-level technologies in a business class and is seen and valued as a subject matter expert
* Institutional Knowledge, especially the life cycle of an order. Able to identify who to speak to and build a strong/healthy working relationship and maintain that relationship.
* SQL: Experience evaluating data and constructing necessary statements, scripts, or sprocs as needed
* Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
* Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
* Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack)
* Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
Wayfair is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Wayfair is an online retailer of home products for bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen and dining, home entertainment, bathrooms and more.