NIC Inc., the nation's premier provider of innovative digital government solutions and secure payment processing is currently seeking applicants for a DevOps Engineer that will sit onsite in Denver, Colorado.
The DevOps Engineer will be a part of NIC Licensing Solutions, a division that focuses on business licensing for the cannabis and hemp industries. The platform focuses on three key licensing areas: business licensing, patient and caregiver registrations, and cannabis employee credentialing.
At NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV), it's our mission to make government interactions more accessible for everyone through technology. NIC's company culture is driven by a set of core values: trust, integrity, responsibility, passion, innovation, family, and community.
* Execute the design, development, and implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) processes that define a consistent set of pipeline stages, build types and levels, automation techniques, and software quality metrics that will help ensure a repeatable build process and provide consistent reporting to stakeholders
* Ensure that environments and CI are set up accurately and are easily maintained
* Build automated deployments using configuration management technology
* Actively monitor and administer the applications and the hosting environments to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes
* Triage and provide technical solutions to environment related issues encountered by new and existing applications in the environment
* As a Product development team member, you will Interact with enterprise architecture and operations to understand requirements and translate into tasks for automation
* Develop and build IT solutions to meet business requirements
* Create and share development estimates and operational requirements to enable accurate planning with realistic timelines
* Integrate solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework
* Design and develop private and hybrid cloud automation and orchestration for SaaS and PaaS environments.
* Work using Agile/Scrum methodologies
* 8+ years of experience as a DevOps or System Engineer in a Web-based software development environment
* 5+ years of experience in supporting enterprise-level Continuous Integration platform and developing best practices, processes, and tools including Jenkins and source code tools, such as GIT
* 5+ years of experience developing complex automation using one or more of the following (Python,Node JS, Shell). Strong shell scripting skills is preferred (bash, sh)
* Experience building infrastructure as code (AWS Cloudformation, Terraform)
* Extensive Release Management experience using DevOps tools like Jenkins, and GIT
* Experience with designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications and systems using proven or emerging technologies in a variety of technologies and environments
* Strong experience with working on load balanced, elastic, and high availability infrastructures
* Experience with Microservices, Containers, including Docker, Kubernetes, and applied technology to continuous delivery
* Experience with Cloud infrastructure, including Amazon Web Services
* Experience in configuring and managing applications monitoring and performance tools using industry standard monitoring tools.
* 4-year degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent experience
* Experience with AWS
* Experience with one or more Orchestration tools - Puppet, Chef, Ansible, AWS tools
* SQL Queries & Mongo Queries
* Familiar with ITIL and Agile, Scrum, or Kanban SDLCs
* Virtualization and Containerization (Openstack, KVM, Hyper-v, Docker, Vagrant)
* Knowledge in networking, including layer 2&3 switches, TCP/IP, and SNMP
* Familiarity with firewalls, NAT, and packet filtering
* Strong analytical and logical skill to analyze requirements and deliver design in some tools like Visio or something similar
* Good Communication skills to be able to interact with multiple teams, understand their requirements, and transform requirements into service and workflow design.
* Competitive compensation program
* No-cost group medical/dental insurance
* Stock purchase plan
* Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
* Disability insurance
* Life insurance
* Company wellness program
* Casual and fun office environment
* Paid State holidays and vacation
* Tuition reimbursement