Position: DevOps Engineer
Location: Can work remotely or at office in White Plains, MD; will require travel to Pentagon, as needed, so that must be within a commuting distance
Clearance: Top Secret (required), verifiable in JPAS
Period of Performance: July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2022
* SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE*
Specific Task Overview:
The employee shall maintain and enhance Automated Global Force Management Tool (AGT) and Collaborative Issue Resolution Tool (CIRT) for the Joint Staff, J-8, Forces Division to support the automation and streamlining the production of the "Forces for" Assignment tables. The employee shall utilize Global Force Management Data Initiative (GFM DI) org server data and the Organization and Force Structure Construct (OFSC) to streamline and automate the current staffing process. The employee shall utilize machine-to-machine transfer of authoritative force structure (org server data) for collaboration and utilize Organizational Unique Identifiers (OUID) (also known as an Enterprise Keys) to enable data integration with other systems. The goal is to improve the quality and timeliness of information available to perform Force Management (FM) throughout the Department. This functionality will be supported when the org servers provide the data to AGT to import, via a messaging network or other means, in a format consistent with the current published GFM DI XML standard format.
The employee shall maintain and enhance the CIRT application that supports the current "Forces For" staffing process via the web browser interface. The contractor shall ensure continued functionality that enables all authorized users to submit recommended changes to the Joint Staff "Forces For" Manager regarding the assignment and apportionment of forces via a collaborative method.
Functional Descriptions: Formulates and defines system scope and objectives. Designs, tests, debugs, documents programs and implements tools for operations accordingly. Execute application deployments, develop and track metrics. Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation. Works at the highest technical level of all phases of applications, systems analysis and programming activities.
* Works with application teams to document application internal/external interface requirements for Development, Testing, Staging and Production environments
* Implements migration efforts with application teams, including data migration.
* Generate data quality checks and reconcile changes during data loads
* Provides technical guidance to application teams to take advantage of IT technologies, and implement IT infrastructure, as needed.
* Works with application teams to ensure compliance with High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concept of operations.
* Assists and takes part in training activities with application teams and ensures that DevOps provided processes/tools are effective. Suggests enhancements on behalf of application teams as needed.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Desired skills: Relational Database experience (MySQL, MS SQL, etc), Jenkins, Atlassian Jira, SVN code repositories, Windows System Administration, SSL, Remote desktop administration
As a Team Member will:
* Adhere to all MYMIC Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures
* Adhere to all Government Security and Network Access Guidelines, Policies, and Procedures
* Maintain required CompTIA Security+ and DoD 8570 OS/CE Certification
* Maintain expertise in developing and testing Java solutions and implementing J2EE architecture, web services, MySQL, and Google Web Tool Kit
* Meet with customers and stakeholders to solicit requirements and demonstrate progress
* Attend Team Meetings
* Provide status of current tasks, planned tasks, deliverable status and issues/concerns
* Notify Task Lead of planned/unplanned absences and any impact to deliverables/service
* Identify risks and mitigation strategies
* Provide inputs to weekly status and Monthly Technical Reports
* Provide all deliverables for upload to ECM-S
Candidate must have a current final Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI), Single Scope Background Periodic Reinvestigation (SBPR), or Phased Periodic Reinvestigation (PPR) completed within the last 5 years (in-scope).
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelors' degree from an accredited college or university with a curriculum or major field of study in computer science, information system, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline plus five (5) years of task related experience,
* An Associate's degree from a college or university with a curriculum or major field of study in computer science, information system, plus eight (8) years of task related experience,
* An applicable training certificate issues in accordance with guidelines provided by the software vendor (i.e. Oracle 9i) from an accredited training institution plus twelve (12) years of task related experience,
* 8570 IAT level II certified (Security+ and an OS Certification) or higher
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Per EO 11246, this federal contractor and subcontractor will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants. An exception exists where the employee or applicant makes the disclosure based on information obtained in the course of performing his or her essential job functions.