What you'll be doing...
You'll be working for one of the most cutting-edge groups in Verizon building and maintaining Augmented and Virtual Reality systems. You'll be overseeing the creation, maintenance, general upkeep and compliance of all of our organization's infrastructure, ranging from developing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) scripts, setting up new PoC instances and most importantly, configuring AWS services and coordinating the architectural design effort for our highly available, highly secure and fault-tolerant products and their environments.
* Creating and maintaining the cloud infrastructure for our AR/VR products and POCs, using your knowledge of DevOps best practices and toolchains to ensure highly reliable, highly available, highly secure architectures.
* Monitoring application performance of several applications to ensure bugfree performance to our worldwide customer base.
* Working closely with developers from multiple teams, QA and other engineers, while taking direction from product and team management, to oversee and advise on the infrastructure and code deployments of state-of-the-art AR/VR products.
* Work with a small group of other highly skilled engineers to generate highly automated and repeatable deployment processes to ensure stable, maintainable environments.
* Provide 24x7 production support as needed for critical releases and product launches.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Two or more years of cloud infrastructure-based work experience.
* Experience with software orchestration and monitoring tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Datadog, Dynatrace, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, Kibana, Loggly, NewRelic, Puppet, Splunk, SumoLogic.
* Experience with scripting languages such as AJAX, Go, Powershell 2.0, Python, Ruby, and/or shell scripting.
* One or more AWS Associate (or higher) certifications.
* Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of AWS services, including Athena, CloudFront, EC2, Elasticsearch, IAM, Kinesis, Lambda, RDS, Route 53, S3, SNS/SQS.
* Working knowledge of multiple server operating systems including Linux (all distros), Windows Server 2000-2012, and container-based deployments using Docker and Kubernetes.
* Experience with the Atlassian suite of collaboration tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
* Ability to perform network management and configuration of networking resources such as firewalls, load balancers, security groups and NACLs, and other hardware.
* Knowledge of implementing secure network communications using SSL/TLS.
* Experience and comfort working in Agile work environments.
* Ability to write clear, structured documentation, and effectively communicate with developers, external contacts, and leadership.
* Ability to prioritize development tasks with management.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.