Do you love developing and working on highly scalable cloud services? Do you have a passion for enabling your fellow developer? This is an opportunity to be a part of a different kind of cloud at Microsoft. Yes, you read that right, a cloud of macs at Microsoft. Every day we enable internal and external teams to build and test the best damn apps in the business. As a service we've reached a tipping point were the previous architecture is unable to cope with demand. That's where you come in, with your help we're going to re-build it from the ground up. Microservices, cloud backed, well supported, greenfield, and fast paced. You will help app developers deliver what's next at the speed of life.
* 3+ years of experience in configuration management (e.g. ansible, chef).
* 3+ years of experience with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, k8s, AKS).
* 3+ years experience with cloud-based infrastructure and services such as Microsoft Azure.
* 2+ years experience with Administration of MacOS.
* 3+ Years of development and scripting background (e.g. bash, python).
* In depth understanding of distributed systems, as it relates to customer facing applications in the cloud.
* In depth understanding of coding principles and strongly typed languages.
* General understanding of CD/CI methodologies and how they work.
* General knowledge of Linux/Mac Operating Systems.
* General understanding of basic level 3 networking and network security.
* Experience with Dotnet Core.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work as an integrated member of the dev team to incorporate efficient, cost effective and scalable automation into the greenfield engineering efforts.
* Use your background in Dev/Ops to drive new technologies and processes growing productivity.
* Evaluate and improve deployed environments using your expertise in security, networking, public cloud platforms.
* Automate and measure everything that matters on the platform. Make decisions to decide the focus of future work.
* Have fun doing it. Responsibilities, getting things done and solving hard problems all the while working with cool people. Smile, this is going to rock.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.