Requisition ID: 166168
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Want to work in the Cloud? Do you love a challenge? Do you like breaking down problems and finding solutions? Do you like engaging with as much technology (hardware, software, operating, network, HANA, code) as you can?
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Manage and mentor small group of HANA Application Operations engineers in the area of performance tuning, benchmarking, analytics, dynamic tiering, replication and DR solutions.
* Technical lead and design architect for projects involving HANA replication, performance tuning, reporting, dynamic tiering and analytics.
* Work with engineering and product management groups within SuccessFactors and SAP HANA to coordinate/lead the work involved in performance, replication, DR and other projects.
* Manage scrum team meetings in the area of HANA performance management, replication, design, DR and in similar topics.
* Set goals for team members and define milestones for projects and accomplish them within published schedules.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required to troubleshoot 24/7 global operations related to escalations
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* BS degree in computer science or related field with 20 or more years of experience in management and development.
* Strong experience with creating SAP HANA solutions as a developer or as an architect.
* Strong experience in HANA performance benchmarking and query optimization
* Experience in HANA replication and dynamic tiering technologies
* Hands on experience with expert knowledge of Unix/Linux flavors w.r.t databases.
* At least eight years of management experience of leading highly qualified HANA HANA engineers
* Experience working in multi-tenant cloud HANA database environment required.
* Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or completion dates.
* Must be customer focused and possess: (a) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems; (b) strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (c) strong interpersonal skill to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.