We invite you to join the Global Information Security (GIS) team at Bank of America as a Systems Engineer. In this role, you will utilize the experience you have gained throughout your career to provide hands-on operational deployment and support for commercial and custom software applications.
While mainly working within Linux environments, you will be an individual contributor responsible for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting information security technologies. Your primary duties will allow you to use your in-depth technical knowledge to manage and enhance both vendor and internally developed applications. You should be willing to take rotational on-call duties, as this may be required.
As a Systems Engineer, you may have interaction with and visibility to members of the GIS senior leadership team as well as key business unit stakeholders. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a deeply committed team of recognized information security experts on high visibility security initiatives for the Bank.
* Minimum 2 years Systems Engineering and Deployment experience
* Understanding of software and/or application lifecycle and the implementation of security principals throughout
* Understanding of complex environments, their sub-components, concepts, and interactions
* Deep understanding of large networks and systems and the interaction between applications, infrastructures, etc.
* Proficient in Linux access systems (specifically: Linux integration to Active Directory)
* A broad knowledge of information security principles
* Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight
* Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking; out-of-the-box thinkers
* Ability to identify, analyze, and address problems to resolve issues in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization
* Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
* Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
* Effective communication skills and motivation/willingness to learn
* CISSP/Security+/SANS certifications
* Experience working in Agile development process and a deep understanding of various phases of the Software Development Life Cycle
Posting Date: 07/08/2019
Location: Denver, CO, REPUBLIC PLAZA, 370 17TH ST, Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135), Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044), - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift