Req #: 212453
Location: Ashburn, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
Responsible for researching, designing, developing and/or modifying software systems. Presents ideas for system improvements. Develops cost estimates for software developments or enhancements. Conducts impact analysis for software changes. Produces detailed specifications and writes software code. Works closely with business analysts, designers, and subject matter experts to understand functional requirements. Conducts unit tests and documents findings. Supports formal testing in controlled environment before code is promoted to production. Adheres to program configuration change control standards. Provides input into training manuals for users. Understands the structure and functionality of the COTS applications (i.e. Oracle). Writes interfaces and conversion routines leveraging the application programmatic interface (API). Extends applications by using applicable application tools. Maintains knowledge of feature and technical changes in the application.
CACI is looking for an DevOps engineer to support a key program. If you want to work with a technical diverse Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) team read on. Your willingness to learn and stay abreast of industry standards and apply innovations is an important contributor to this team. You will be part of a team that recommends and applies creative ideas to solve complex CI/CD problems, both technical and procedural. You will work as an integral part of an Agile Scrum team-a highly productive team of technical professionals who thrive on supporting the customer's mission and growth objectives through continuous integration and deployment automation opportunities - responsible for assuring the quality of the application capabilities for a variety of legacy and modernized systems and applications. You will work in close collaboration with software developers on the CI/CD team and other product/support teams, stakeholders, and end users within agile to support and improve upon the automation of the software build and installation processes.
You work closely with members of the development, test, and operations teams to troubleshoot build breaks, enforce software quality standards, and proper communication of the package installation steps to operations for both non-production and production environments.
Other duties include:
* Continue development and maintenance of the automated software build process
* Work closely with each product family to develop new CI/CD features and capabilities
* Assist with creating project resource estimates, metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, development efficiency and quality
* Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork within the organization's agile project lifecycle
* Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
* College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline. Experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
* Must be a U.S. Citizen, with at least a DoD Interim Secret clearance.
* Prior experience with continuous integration, test automation and/or CI/CD on iterative software development projects
* Ability to design and document technical solutions related to continuous integration and continuous deployment
* Experience using source code control technologies and best practices
* Familiar with automation tools
* Automated Deployment experience on Windows Server / Linux RHEL platforms
* Familiarity with automated build processes and debugging Continuous Integration build failures
* Familiarity with Windows and/or Linux server administration from application configuration and deployment perspectives
* Installation package development
* Experience with agile project management tools
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
* Team-oriented individual with a strong work ethic, self-motivated, and team-oriented
* Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
* Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
* Resolves difficult and complex technical challenges
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience/exposure working with containers
* Certified Scrum Developer (preferred, not required)
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.