Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you're probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can't tell we're there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
Check us out: GitHub | Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | The Muse | Glassdoor
Our focus is teaming with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the space.
At Braintree, developers have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Although most of our software is written in Ruby, we believe in using the best tool for the job. For example, we've written data platforms in Clojure, payment gateways in Java, and contextual commerce in Python. Here's more:
* Communication is key to our process, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. Many teams program in pairs, which means you always have another set of eyes to help you.
* We practice test-driven development and believe that it helps us deliver simple solutions focused on real customer needs. We have no QA department - developers test, release and monitor their own code.
* We keep the team in sync with daily stand-ups and have regular retrospectives to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements.
* We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
We're working on the next generation platform for payments. We're charting new ground for Braintree by putting meaningful workloads in the cloud. Our goal is to onboard all of Braintree's infrastructure onto this new platform, which means your customers will be all product engineers at Braintree.
We know there are endless tools in the DevOps tool box and we don't expect you to come in as an expert on everything. You will be learning a lot as you're exposed to new tools, technologies, and 3rd party docs here.
* Ability and desire to work in our collaborative environment: open team room, pair programming and fluid interactions with all products and operations teams
* Focusing on building solutions utilizing an agile approach: close relationships with Product Managers, communicating and digesting real time feedback, and working smart to build story cards on daily basis
* Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating build/deploy & monitoring systems
* Familiarity with managing cloud environments - AWS or other public cloud experience (Azure, Compute, Rackspace Cloud, etc)
* Scripting experience with Python or any modern language
* Specific experience with Cassandra, Kafka, and Docker is a plus
* Open dev days: every two weeks we spend a day working on projects that interest us and help us expand our skills and knowledge
* Participation in the technology community: we help cover travel and attendance costs for conferences, and we offer opportunities and tools for speaking.
* Check out our Careers page for more company perks.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
BrainTree is a company that specializes in mobile and web payment systems for e-commerce companies.