We offer a unique and compelling work environment. We are proponents of the open Internet and we serve one of the largest user demographics in history. We take these responsibilities seriously and hire accordingly. We work with only the brightest engineers and the most talented business people we can find. Everyone on our team is here to do meaningful work with broad reaching impact. We have a fun yet challenging work environment that fosters diversity, creativity, and teamwork. Our team members receive industry leading salaries, premium benefits, and state-of-the-art offices in San Francisco's SOMA district.
As a DevOps Engineer, you are a software developer with a keen sense for streamlined deployments and network operations or a versatile administrator with a passion for coding and scripting. Torn is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help build their next generation infrastructure.
As a founding developer on this team, you will play an integral role in defining the availability, security, and efficiency of the BitTorrent infrastructure at scale. You will work closely with our development and operation teams to influence and support the implementation and expansion of our infrastructure.
Our Ideal Candidate:
* 4+ years of relevant large-scale systems operations experience with prior development knowledge of API's
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
* Experience deploying and maintaining Kubernetes and docker infrastructure.
* Deep experience using AWS services programmatically (AWS certification preferred).
* Expert in Linux system administration, including storage, networks, and services, chef or puppet.
* Experience in automating production systems with Python or equivalent
* Expert with git, Jenkins or other CI/CD tools
* Experience deploying and maintaining large distributed system such as Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, Cassandra, MongoDB, or serving platforms at internet scale.
Nice to Have:
* You are passionate and self-motivated.
* You are pragmatic and focus on efficiency, simplicity and maintainability.
* You enjoy collaborating across teams and work well in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment.
* You thrive working in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
* You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Automate the deployment, administration, and operation of Tron's infrastructure so no manual intervention is needed.
* Design and build tools to improve deployment efficiency and gain visibility into production systems.
* Translate development team use cases into infrastructure requirements.
Contribute to the architecture and design of our services, infrastructure, and delivery processes.
* Collaborate effectively with multiple development teams
What We Offer:
* Competitive salary, stock options, and 401K. 100% paid health coverage (for you and your family) that includes dental and vision plans.
* Flexible working hours, including the ability to work from home (on occasion or as needed), and three weeks paid time off.
* Plenty of free food at the office, 4 rotating kegs on tap, and yummy catered lunches.
* Regular team-wide outdoor events and parties.
* Membership at 24-Hour Fitness (or $50/month toward a gym of your choice).
* Your choice of the latest, top-of-the-line equipment and tools to work with.
* Work with heaps of smart, awesome people, including a surprising number of people who are great at pool, pinball, and foosball.
BitTorrent is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
About Bittorrent, Inc.
BitTorrent is an Internet technology company.