Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
In the DevOps Engineer role, you will be responsible for helping to create and support mission-critical business applications. You will be helping to modernize our clients' software development practices and processes. We're looking for someone who is a strong problem-solver, who relishes a challenge delivering ambitious features and combating complex issues. The candidate will be an excellent communicator, able to work independently as well as contribute to a team, and be able to handle and prioritize rapidly-changing tasks as priorities shift.
* Provide DevOps tooling administration to include configuration, change control, deployments, and access management
* Maintain and enhance automation to support setup and provisioning of new projects
* Provide daily support to development teams and assist with application troubleshooting
* Document and maintain the deployment process, standards and procedures
* Conduct monthly tool training and deployment process to users
* Provide 2nd/3rd level on call support for distributed applications
* Perform tool upgrades
* Recommend process improvements to ensure system scalability and reliability
* Support routine internal and external audits and address risks
* Expert knowledge of and experience in architecture, design, build, and operationalization in CI/CD deployment pipeline
* Experience in DevOps tools and integration for Git/GitHub, CloudBees Jenkins/Jenkins, IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Nexus Repository Manager, SonaQube, ServiceNow, JIRA, Fortify, Junit, Azure, Chef, Perfecto, etc.
* Experience utilizing Docker/OpenShift for Containerization and Kubernetes for Orchestration
* Scripting experience with shell or python
* Advanced knowledge of Linux
* Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and constraints
* 5+ years working experience with DevOps and/or agile processes
Location: Vienna, VA
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.