What you'll be doing...
Guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world.Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
Verizon's Technology, Strategy, Innovation and Development team is seeking a motivated candidate to join our Atlassian tools team. We design, deploy, maintain, and support a full stack of Atlassian tools for the new product development organization. Our work touches on hardware, virtual machines, DevOps, scripting, databases, web-servers, networking, user support, and process consulting. Our work is critical to the organization s successful delivery of new products to market.
* Maintain and enhance system reliability, data protection, and system security.
* Responsible for evolving the design and architecture of process management, provisioning, and automation tools.
* Develop scalable infrastructure solutions.
* Build tools to monitor various system's capacity and performance and provide reports, analytics, and forecasts for capacity as required.
* Perform planning, configuration, deployment, and maintenance work associated with Atlassian: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Stash environments to support users globally.
* Quickly and efficiently troubleshoot issues in order to provide outstanding support for customers; Determine root cause and implement permanent resolutions for more intricate issues.
* Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within systems operations; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices.
* Create and maintain detailed documentation.
* Evaluate new software and hardware.
* Assist team with reports creation.
* Participate in an on-call rotation with a growing team of systems administrators and engineers in a 24x7 worldwide presence.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in computer science or network engineering.
* Knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
* Experience with scripting in Bash, Perl, or Python.
* Extensive experience with configuring, administration, and management of Atlassian applications in an enterprise setting: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Stash.
* Excellent understanding of current methodologies in high performance operations and scalable multi-site implementations.
* Experience in administering, provisioning, configuring, and monitoring web-servers, application servers, and load-balancing systems: TomCat, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL.
* Relevant experience in Linux / Unix systems administration, provisioning, configuration, monitoring (Nagios, Zenoss, SNMP, Splunk, etc) and troubleshooting.
* Experience with server hardening and other security best practices (SSL, SSH, HTTPS, IPTables).
* Experience with virtualization network protocols (NAT, Bridging) and virtual networking.
* Working knowledge of HP hardware and software (iLO, BIOS, RAID controllers).
* Experience with backup and disaster recovery planning and testing.
* Strong documentation skills and ability to work with rapid change.
* Solid ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans; strong analytical skills.
* Stayed on top of the latest technologies and scalable DevOps & Agile methodologies.
* Experience in virtualization technology (KVM, Docker).
* Deep understanding of the Linux OS, internals, kernel & filesystems tuning, protocols and services (such as PXE, DNS, HTTP, NFS, CIFS) and troubleshooting utilities (strace, sar, vmstat, mpstat, tcpdump).
* Experience with systems automation configuration management tools (SaltStack, Puppet, Chef, Ansible) and GIT source control.
* Expertise in advanced networking subjects (TCP/IP, BGP, VLAN, Bonding/Trunking, switches, routers & firewalls).
* Experience with enterprise class storage systems such as NetApp is desired; configuring and managing multi-tenant storage systems.
* AWS Certified Architect - Associate.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.