Are you looking for a hands-on software development gig? What if it could be with one of the most impactful IT companies in the world?
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
What sets us apart? Our people. Our people's relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act.
If solving the world's biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
About the DevOps Engineer - Ansible
HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery is currently seeking highly motivated and qualified candidates for a role as a DevOps Engineer - Ansible for one of HPE's larger clients in the Irving, TX area. No relocation assistance available.
In this role, you will be a technical expert for Ansible ecosystem and DevOps practices within our customer's organization, providing solutions and technical implementation aligned with the automation program objectives. You will develop Ansible artifacts, troubleshoot issues, and work on implementing a configuration management roadmap of the organization
As the DevOps Engineer - Ansible, you will:
* develop Ansible playbooks and modules * administer Ansible infrastructure, perform maintenance and configuration and provide SME level support * develop, configure, and administer DevOps and IT automation solutions * understand and remediate complex issues and topologies of large enterprises * provide technical support to IT ops around automation solution usage * perform other duties as needed or assigned
You'll have the opportunity to work on the products we deliver and support, while gaining experience as a DevOps Engineer, which can lead to future careers within HPE.
Education and Experience Required
* 1+ year(s)' technical experience * Bachelor of Arts/Science (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science or related area of study * Without a degree, two additional years' relevant professional experience, for 3+ years in total
Knowledge and Skills Required
* Strong experience with Ansible * Experience in Ruby, Python, PL/SQL, PowerShell, and Bash * Experience with Kickstart, Firewalls, Hypervisors and Routers * Log mining & analytics using Splunk * Expert level RHEL 6, RHEL 7, Windows 2012 and Windows 2016 System Administration * Deep understanding of PostgreSQL, Oracle, Apache, Tomcat and Nginx * Expert level understanding and implementation of RESTful, SOAP and SDK APIs * Good understanding of Jenkins, Git, Chef * Comfortable with frequent, incremental code, testing and deployment. * Ability to adapt to a changing and dynamic environment. * Basic understanding in Data science practices and patterns
Thanks for taking the time to review our job! If you think it is a match to your experience and interests, please apply today-we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job, please refer them.
If you are seeing this job posting somewhere other than the HPE Careers website, you may apply by following these instructions:
1) Log onto www.hpe.com/jobs
2) Sign in, or create and confirm an account
3) Click "Search Jobs", then enter job number - 1034252
4) Complete full application process
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values
* Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration - building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other * Bias for action: We never sit still - we take advantage of every opportunity * Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate - creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
About HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery
HPE Pointnext Global Shared Delivery (GSD) works hand-in-hand with the largest commercial and public sector customers globally to effectively manage their IT needs across their businesses, and around the world. Delivering the operational stability, cost reductions, flexibility, resiliency and scalability enterprise customers demand, Pointnext has been recognized for its leadership in enabling these customers to create new growth strategies and revenue opportunities, while maximizing their IT investments and increasing their business agility.
The complexity of technology deployment, management, and support is creating demand for evolved technology support service offerings that meet performance, cost, availability, reliability, security, and scalability demands. The appetite for Pointnext Support is expanding rapidly as enterprises of all stripes realize they can't "do it all".
About HPE Pointnext
HPE Pointnext is a global service provider and business integrator delivering solutions with speed, power, precision, and passion. HPE is responsible for the development and delivery of the IT infrastructure solutions at the core of the world's largest and fastest growing organizations, which includes servers, storage, networking, technology services, converged data center infrastructure, Telco and cloud solutions. As part of HPE, Pointnext provides world-class support and consulting services for Hewlett Packard Enterprise products and solutions.
Pointnext assists clients in realigning their IT strategies and making the best use of technology to create or capitalize on business opportunities. We offer onsite services, Internet and global technology solutions to multi-site, multi-national businesses, including manufacturing, telecom, automotive, energy, financial services, and other key industries. Services range from warranty and product support to proactive mission-critical and business continuity services, deployment and performance services, security, and integrated support for complex multi-vendor environments.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Tomorrow belongs to the fast, and Hewlett Packard Enterprise is in the acceleration business!
To help companies accelerate, we've created a new company, one that defines transformation-and defies "business as usual". In the fast-paced, quick-release environment of the future, you need to be constantly ready for change, be resourceful, and be highly adaptable to the ever-changing business landscape.
HPE is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is not only the company best equipped to build a bridge from where enterprise IT is today, to where it needs to be, but HPE is also an incredible place to build a career. As the only company that brings it all-software, hardware, services, and talented people with the right mindset-we help organizations innovate, stay competitive, and quickly turn ideas into value.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise operates as a technology company.