Raytheon Pasadena is looking for a DevOps Engineer to support projects with NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Collaborating with development teams, infrastructure cogpe's, project managers and others
* Design and build next generation products, including application and application programming interfaces (API) layers on Linux, AWS and with various third party integrations
* Evaluate new technologies and help to modernize technical infrastructure
* Build large-scale, security applications, adopting new technologies while maintaining and implementing computer science fundamentals
* Ongoing maintenance
Education / Work Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of web development or related experience.
* Must have an expert understanding of Linux
* Experience with infrastructure automation tools
* Experience with tools such as Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Docker,Container orchestration tools, Packer, Chef, or equivalent as well as fluency in languages including Ruby, Python, Java or PHP
* Experience and understanding using centralized monitoring tools
* Experience with tools such as ELK, Splunk, Tick stack, Datadog, Prometheus, Zabbix, EM7, Pagerduty, Xmatters, or others within the family of monitoring tools
* Exceptional soft skills as a devops engineer needs to collaborate with development teams, infrastructure cog-e's, and others
* Experience with CI tools
* Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, GIT, Robot Framework, CircleCI, AWS CI tools, and others
* Good understanding of the basic of cyber security from a development (mostly web) and infrastructure perspective
* General experience with automation in the areas of: deployment, processes, operations, and other
* Must have the ability to be flexible and have the ability to multi-task
* Extensive knowledge of software build cycles
* Experience deploying code
* Experience in software architecture
* Familiarity with application programming
* Database management
* System design
The position is located in Pasadena CA
This position requires either a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 134898BR 134898 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.1 billion in 2017 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.