Cargomatic is in search of a DevOps Engineer to deliver transformative features to our user community. If you:
Love building kickass infrastructure as code
Welcome the "Chaos Monkey"
Sleep like a baby because your automation/monitoring strategies "got this"
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for architecting, developing and deploying code to dev, qa, and production environments. You will work closely in conjunction with other key members of the product/engineering team coordinating releases, performing root cause analysis, monitoring critical services, and automating all the things in between.
At Cargomatic, we have room for you to be creative, make an impact, solve impossible problems, and change an industry.
* Work in a fast-paced environment managing the deployment of multiple products across the organization
* Manage all components in our stack while developing automation across the entire infrastructure
* Build and maintain automation tools for deployments, testing, and monitoring
* Work collaboratively with the engineering team to deploy and operate application solutions
* Assume ownership of automation processes; problem resolution and root cause analysis
* Meet the demand of "always up, always available" for all critical Cargomatic services
* Architect CI/CD initiatives for all Cargomatic services
* Evaluate new tools and own the installation of those services
* Manage SSL Certificates across the infrastructure
* Manage Database backups and availability
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to cloud services in our development, test, and production environments
* Provide administration, troubleshooting, configuration, installation, deployment, maintenance, and upgrades of cloud infrastructure
* Support production maintenance activities that include the development of automated scripts and scheduled tasks, server maintenance, application/system monitoring, software/security updates and patching
Our Tool Belt
* React.js, Node.js, Golang, Python, Scala
* AWS, Heroku, Docker, ELK
* Github, Jira, Testrail, Bamboo
* MongoDB, Redis, DynamoDB, Firebase, Cassandra
* Filebeat, New Relic, Pingdom, Sentry
* Skills and Qualifications:
* 5+ Years of experience as a DevOps engineer
* Strong software development skills
* Strong knowledge of AWS (EC2, ECS, VPC, Cloudwatch, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, etc)
* Strong working knowledge of configuration management using Salt, Chef, or the like
* Proven ability to work independently or as an integral member of a team
* Ability to support custom web applications and technology stack
* Strong background in Linux administration (User Administration, Access Management, SSH)
* Experience providing Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery solutions Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
* Must possess excellent verbal communication skills
* Must have proven ability to follow priorities and timelines
* Knowledge of good coding practices and improving code quality
Benefits & Perks:
* 100% Covered Medical & Dental Benefits
* Unlimited Vacation & Sick time
* Competitive Salary
* Excellent 401k match
Join a rapidly-growing company at the ground floor, that is positioned for profitability while changing an industry!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.