Boingo - one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles! - LA Business Journal, 2015
Here's the job:
DevOPS engineer for Amazon Web Services service operations is responsible for AWS infrastructure development, configuration management and deployment pipeline framework for applications and systems.
What you'll do:
* Develop and maintain AWS Cloud components deployment tools
* Define and develop Cloud infrastructure for Boingo applications
* Work closely with App Developers to build out CI/CD pipelines and workflows
* Mastery of infrastructure as code as relates to Ansible and Terraform
* Script with Python for deployment, monitoring, reporting and alerts ensuring a robust, redundant, scalable 100% uptime infrastructure.
* Inject and integrate Security artifacts and best practices into AWS Cloud environment
* Implement and strengthen Security and Compliance on AWS assets
* Assist with AWS Resource and Cost Management
* Creatively solve new complex problems while keeping the solution simple
* Develop highly repeatable processes and a strong desire to AUTOMATE EVERYTHING
* Help to build and maintain operational infrastructure for a global WIFI company.
* Implement systems that are highly available, scalable on the AWS platform
Let's chat if you have:
* Detailed AWS knowledge and experience in EC2, RDS, VPC, CloudWatch
* Experience in container technology and orchestration including AWS ECS, EKS and Kubernetes
* Deep experience using version control systems such as Git and Subversion
* Strong knowledge of configuration management platforms such as ANSIBLE, Terraform
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins
* Experience working with developers in an Agile methodology environment
* Strong experience with standard server software such as MySQL, Apache, Ngnix
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with frequent deployments to a "0 downtime" production environment.
* Fluent communication skills and ability to work in a tight-knit team environment while maintaining a positive can-do partnership attitude.
* Enjoys protecting a high-visibility target while adhering to a culture of security
* Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience in Engineering discipline or related field strongly preferred
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually - in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We're an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There's a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother's lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It's no wonder we've been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
About Boingo Wireless
Boingo Wireless is a company that operates as a service provider of wireless connectivity solutions across its managed and operated network and aggregated network for mobile devices such as laptops, smartphones, tablets, and other wireless-enabled consumer devices.