Join a dynamic and growing Technology team at Washington Federal. As a national bank that acts like a reliable next-door neighbor, we are building the expertise to deliver leading, digital solutions for our consumer, small business, and commercial customers.
We are seeking an energetic and collaborative engineer who loves DevOps and has a passion for process optimization through automation. As the DevOps Engineer, you'll report to the Cloud Engineering Lead, and drive the organization forward by developing our DevOps capabilities. As technology transforms the banking industry and becomes an increasingly vital part of serving our clients, colleagues, and regulatory agencies, this position is critical to enabling the growth and speed required to meet our goals.
The DevOps Engineer will spearhead the development of the DevOps practice and partner with IT and business stakeholders to ensure the delivery of transformative solutions. This position requires a balance of leadership, customer focus, urgency and technical acumen. While leading your team, you'll be an integral part of Washington Federal's proud culture of simply being nice when serving our colleagues and clients.
* Build highly automated delivery pipeline in order to enable the build, deploy, and testing of new infrastructure and applications
* Execution of the technology roadmap for our Cloud journey including DevOps automation
* Coordinate efforts with application, development, QA, and infrastructure teams to educate and uplift teams and grow the organization's cloud and automation capabilities
* Partner with internal stakeholders to optimize enterprise DevOps tooling for code bases utilized by Application Development and Product Teams
* Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to evaluate and implement Cloud and DevOps solutions in alignment with Washington Federal's vision and architectural principles
* Understand business problems that drive the demand for scalable infrastructure and automation
* Ensure regulatory compliance through cloud governance by partnering with internal security and audit teams
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
* 5+ years' experience in System Engineering (Network, Databases, Storage), DevOps, CI/CD
* Advanced level of knowledge of AWS services and solutions and experience with all aspects of cloud infrastructure lifecycle
* Experience implementing end-to-end agile DevOps based software development life cycle with automation in mind (right tools and processes)
* Experience in automation platforms and tools (Azure DevOps, Terraform, Cloud Formation Templates, Infrastructure as Code, Azure Resource Manager, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
* Experience implementing DevOps processes in a Windows based application environment (AD, IIS, .NET, MSSQL)
* Experience with the Data Lake and Analytics Platforms with a preference for AWS solutions (Lake Formation, Snowball, Storage Gateway, Kinesis, etc.)
* Capable of engaging development staff and being hands-on at engineering, ready to dive into newer/emerging technologies to set the path for the organization
* Agile SCRUM or Kanban experience
* AWS Associate or Professional certifications
* Experience in banking or financial services sector highly desired
* SOX, PCI, and ITIL experience highly desired
About Washington Federal
Washington Federal is the bank holding company for Washington Federal Bank that provides lending, depository, insurance, and other banking services.