Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is looking for a DevOps CI/CD Engineer to help automate platform/application builds. As a DevOps CI/CD Engineer, you'll be responsible for managing our software and cloud-based infrastructure and mentoring project teams on best practices for infrastructure, application development and security. We are looking for someone to provide the right level of CI/CD expertise to design automated solutions for project teams to build software. The perfect candidate has a passion for all things tech and a keen ability to get software to do what you want.
We're looking for loads of aptitude, love for machines, and demonstrable interest with both past and present roles. This is an extremely hands-on and engaging role with lots of responsibility, interesting challenges, and exposure to cutting edge tech.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing IT DevOps team and to mentor project teams on CI/CD best practices.
* Provision, operate and maintain CI/CD pipelines for a variety of Digital solutions running on AWS
* Research and document best practices, engineering standards and required SLC deliverables
* Specific focus on DevOps processes and cloud infrastructure
* Focus on performance and load testing and Reliability engineering/monitoring
* Being comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment and providing oversight for quality control
* Understanding and focus on business outcomes
* Understanding and efficiency in collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
* Identify and gather requirements to define a solution to be built and operated on AWS.
* Provide AWS operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project.
* Design web-based applications on Cloud Amazon AWS.
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Experience with one or more scripting language such as Python, Bash or Perl
* Used, programmed against AWS or other cloud environments such as Azure or Google Cloud
* Experience administering/configuring RHEL Servers
* Ability to set up webservers, run virtual machines
* Experience with creating and managing Jenkins pipelines
* Experience with build frameworks and technologies such as ANT, MAVEN, Nexus and Artifactory.
* Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS for different regions. Ability to design high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and availability regions.
* Ability to code and script in support of infrastructure management
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source automation tools for provisioning infrastructure (Terraform) and configuration management (Ansible)
* AWS Solution Architect - Associate or AWS SysOps Administrator - Associate certifications
* Manage upgrades
* Experience administering AWS services and features such as Security Groups, EC2, RDS, ELB, Route53, and S3.
* Knowledge & experience of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS Knowledge of configuration, management, and troubleshooting of firewalls and VPN tunnels
* Experience in understanding network file systems, FTP, SSL and SNMP in the context of configuration and build activities
* Working experience of writing Database queries in MySQL, ORACLE, SQL SERVER, DB2 platform using tools like TOAD
* Experience with SonarQube and JFrog Artifactory
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-2
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:United States > Chicago : WeWork National Building 125 S. Clark Street
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:Not Applicable
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf