SAIC seeks a DevOps Engineer to help establish and maintain a DevOps framework for use by a Data Analytics team in support of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Office of Information Technology (OIT) Transformation Data Science Services (TDSS) II team. This team will provide Data Analytics Services within the DevOps framework; perform analysis of the USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS) and related data for forecasting and system growth analysis. This team will be part of an ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based Development and Operations (DevOps) approach to deliver business value in a continuous integration/continuous delivery approach.
* Automate, optimize, and improve the continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) processes.
* Identify, configure, and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
* Build CI/CD pipelines using variety of open source and COTS tools and streamline the application deployment process.
* Deliver end-to-end solutions in the area of automated build and deployment.
* Deploy and operate multi-platform systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
* Develop software and scripts to support Automated Builds, Automated Testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment
* Establish and maintain performance metrics and monitoring of micro-services environment.
* Build security, reliability, scalability in software development life cycle.
* Comply with ELIS DevOps development, testing, and standard operational procedures (SOP).
* Collaborate with other vendors, stakeholders, and government employees to collect data needed to aid decision-making.
* Maintain good configuration and data management methods.
* Use DHS USCIS approved methods and tools.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
* 9+ years of SW Development and IT Operations experience.
* Experience managing a small IT team performing similar work.
* At least 4 years of experience with Agile and at least 2 years supporting a DevOps environment.
* Experience with setup, integration and customization of tools.
* Test Automation Experience.
* Experience creating scripts for continuous integration pipelines using automation tools such as Jenkins.
* Experience with containerization and deployment using Docker.
* Experience with virtualization monitoring products such as VMware.
* Experience with Git based version control systems.
* Hands-on experience in automating deployment process and testing across multiple environments.
* Experience helping development teams establish the workflows for continuous deployment.
* Experience assessing business objectives, conducting gap analysis of existing versus needed capability, and identifying business requirements.
* Experience in the evaluation of business requirements to identify potential software, hardware, and system architectures that can be employed to meet business objectives.
* Experience providing potential technical solutions to meet business needs and supporting analysis of alternatives for best fit.
* Experience with model development and deployment in a cloud environment (AWS preferred)
* Strong technical documentation and presentation skills.
* Cloud Native Development Experience.
* Experience with the following tools
* Experience with several of the following technologies: Nexus, Fortify, OpenShift, SonarQube, TwistLock, NewRelic, Tableau, Oracle, Spring Framework, Liquibase
* DevOps Certification
* AWS Certification
* Kubernetes experience
* Experience integrating Artifactory with Jenkins
* Experience with the following technologies ActiveMQ, Eclipse, Obsidian, Shell Scripts, Angular , OWASP, Apigee, Gradle, , Chef, Hirbernate, Cloutbees, Hygieia, Terraform, Java, Jboss Rules Engine, Jboss Application Service, WebInspect, KeepPass, Junit, Kong, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Spring Framework, Liquibase, Selenium.
Bachelor's degree in Data Science or related field (computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
Must be able to obtain and maintain an EOD (entry on duty) security clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability