Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.5 billion video games and more than 710 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company's website at http://www.nintendo.com.
The Marketing team at Nintendo of America is looking for a DevOps Engineer. This team supports Nintendo's online web experience by designing, architecting, implementing, deploying and maintaining a broad range of applications and environments. These systems will power our customer facing web experiences and will introduce new capabilities to our internal teams.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
* Collaborate with software engineers in development, test, as well as CI infrastructure teams with the aim of improving the team's CI and CD services.
* Partner with development teams by providing infrastructure assistance and guidance from the early phases of product development, including the development of software and processes to assist developers in infrastructure-related workflows (such as build, release and deployment automation).
* Designs and implements infrastructure for new and existing products, ensuring all business policies for security, supportability and cost are met, while enabling efficient deployment of products through automated means.
* Participates in project planning discussions to include the formulation and delivery of cost and labor estimates and options for assigned projects.
* Designs and implements solutions to provide continuous integration, automated deployment, and configuration management of internally or externally developed applications.
* Analyze new and existing products for performance and efficiency improvements, both as part of a structured release process, and as an ongoing process.
* Monitor and tune the performance, reliability, and security of the infrastructure. Identify and correct bottlenecks in the system, while working with development teams on optimization and best practices.
* Integrates internally developed products, externally developed products, and mixtures of both, to create working solutions from multiple disparate parts.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
* Strong Experience with provisioning and configuration management tool(s) - Terraform, Puppet, Chef.
* Experience managing Highly Available and high traffic enterprise websites.
* Experience with cloud services such as AWS's CloudFront, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda or EC2.
* Ability to script is required.
* Experience with Software Delivery Automation - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Paradigms.
* Build automation and continuous integration tools (e.g. VSTS, TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins, Gradle)
* Continuous Delivery pipelines implementations (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
* Monitoring and logging systems (e.g. Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK)
* Understand best practices for source control, build engineering, continuous integration and deployment.
* Proficiency in the setup, configuration, maintenance, and upgrading of one or more server operating system families (Linux, Windows, BSD, etc)
* Proficiency with server prototyping and virtualization tools.
* Proficiency with version control tools (svn, git, etc)
* Some experience with SDLC processes (code review, release management, etc) and automation of same (continuous integration, continuous delivery)
* Some experience with networking protocols (TCP/IP, SSL, etc)
* Proficiency in one or more programming languages (such as Python, Java, Ruby, C#, C/C , etc) is a bonus.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NOA - RG
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths.