About Sysco Labs
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco's commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve everything from the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation to the in-restaurant customer experience. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS' mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer at Sysco LABS you will contribute, as part of a team, to the development and testing of build, deployment, and monitoring pipelines. Your work will be across the infrastructure stack from networking, application environments, and tooling. You will participate in planning, estimation, and delivery, supporting multiple product teams. Supporting these teams will require having an understanding of each product's specific needs while finding ways to duplicate standards and workload design across the organization. You will provide support to product teams as needed to ensure release deployment success and application health. This is an opportunity to start at the ground floor to develop the future of how these products are managed in the cloud.
What you'll bring to the table:
* A desire to continuously improve knowledge, understanding of trends, and keeping pace with best-practices in DevOps and Cloud technologies
* 2-3 years of experience in DevOps, automation, and infrastructure-as-code
* 3-5 years of experience and strong working knowledge with Amazon Web Services
* Experience supporting infrastructure for large multi-services applications
* Experience working with GoCD, Jenkins, Team City or other infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, and automated build tools
* Experience working with Docker and containerized applications
* Experience working with ECS, EKS, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration tools
* Strong programming experience in languages such as Bash, Ruby, and Python
* Experience working with Linux and the Linux command line
* Knowledge and experience working with micro-services architecture and service deployment strategies
* Experience with APM tools such as Dynatrace, New Relic, DataDog, and Nagios
* Experience working with configuration management tools
* Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, RDS
* Working knowledge of Splunk and its capabilities is a bonus
Perks at Sysco LABS
* Competitive base & bonus packages
* Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
* Generous PTO policy
* Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
* Fully stocked break room & weekly catered lunch
* Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
At Sysco LABS you will be part of a team that values trust, learning, and working together to solve problems. Your efforts will help to build groundbreaking experiences for our customers. Come join us!
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.