How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Are you looking for an engineering career that is challenging and satisfying? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy.
We offer great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedule - just to name a few. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon is the prime contractor for the Air Operations Center Weapon System Long -Term Modification and Sustainment (AOC WS LTM&S) Team providing the sustainment and transformation for the Air Force Weapon System. Our technology stack is always evolving and right now we're keenly focused on developing and exposing managed services to internal users through self-service management APIs built on top of our existing internal PaaS services. Using public cloud is pretty cool, but if you're up for building services that compete with public cloud and running on the world's most interesting hybrid cloud come join us! We have small teams, we move fast and we're offering and building on top of managed services that take advantage of industry best practices and open source solutions.
As a DevOps engineer in the System Security and Communication (SysComm) team, you can play a major part in this effort to evolve the AOC WS platform and enable our strategy for creating highly inventive technology solutions for our Airmen. This job requires a developer who is focused on operations and ensuring our managed services rarely need any humans involved to keep them running and maintained. There is a large gap between setting up an open source system once and making that system reliable and available instantly at the click of a button or via an API call.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll be responsible for:
* Becoming a subject matter expert (SME) for several internal, distributed and managed services
* Automating the installation, configuration and maintenance of services on the AOC WS platform
* Managing system-level performance tuning to optimize for reliability and efficiency
* Guiding software releases and activations for new features and platform configurations while prioritizing system reliability
* Supporting users by consulting on their designs and guiding their use of the AOC WS hybrid cloud
Part of our AOC WS Engineering Services organization, the DevOps SysComm team is in charge of developing global managed services for use by internal teams for economically deploying highly scalable products. These systems operate behind the scenes to secure our network, help application product teams bring their latest ideas to the field faster and provide the fault-tolerant and highly-scalable core of the AOC WS platform as a service for internal users.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance.
* Experience installing, configuring, and administrating Linux systems
* Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Go or bash
* Experience with DevOps CI/CD software release tools (e.g. Jenkins, Travis, gitlab ci)
* Experience with container technology and microservices (Kubernetes or Istio)
* Experience with different service models (e.g. IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Serverless) hosted in cloud environments
* Ability to obtain and maintain a US Government Secret security clearance
* Experience with deployment/configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef, fabric)
* Experience with Monitoring/Logging/Performance Analytics (e.g.. Logstash/Kibana, DataDog, Splunk, FluentD)
* Experience operating fault-tolerant distributed systems (e.g. Redundancy, Availability Zones, Data Reliability)
* Experience with SQL and noSQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Kafka, or Cassandra
* Experience with AWS or Azure or Oracle Cloud or equivalent technologies (e.g. EC2, EBS, RDS, Elasticache, Kinesis)
* Existing US Government Secret security clearance
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 4 years of related work experience.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.