What you'll be doing:
Implements system enhancements (software and applications), as directed, that will improve the performance and reliability of the system. Supports all application servers and mission critical services for the 7X24 running of medical device web based accessories such as t:connect and t:odyssey systems. Coordinates application migration, installation, monitoring, testing and servicing for Tandem Diabetes web applications. Administers SQL Server, NoSQL and PostgreSQL database applications. Manages and organizes web servers and web applications in both Linux and Windows operating systems.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. "In Tandem" means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We've have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform setup and migration of applications in the development, staging and production environments
* Supports database application including NoSQL, Microsoft SQL server and PostgresSQL.
* Managing applications using the entire MEAN development stack
* Performs technology needs analysis by conferring with departmental personnel to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements.
* Writes detailed description of maintenance plans, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify business processes and computer systems.
* Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
* Rolls out software and web applications to ensure optimal deployment of resources.
* Collaborate with Software Development, QA Engineers, and System Architects to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development, QA and production releases.
* Demonstrated expertise in a range of automation CI/CD tools and approaches in Linux, MacOS, and Windows environments (e.g. Git, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, PowerShell, shell scripting, Terraform, Artifactory).
* Solid experience of the GIT, Bamboo, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, and APIs for Continuous Integration builds.
* Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Azure or AWS, Azure is preferred)
* Automate, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations in Linux, MacOS, and Windows.
* Hands on experience in automation of Web Applications.
* Experience working with DevOps methodologies.
* Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
* Day to day support of Git, Bamboo, JIRA, Jenkins and or any other DevOps tools.
* Coordinates technology planning through ongoing research.
* Upgrades, installs and troubleshoots application updates.
* Develops and documents system standards for customer facing applications.
* Works with development staff to Document system deployment and management
* Supports technology needs analysis by conferring with departmental personnel to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific input and output requirements.
* Works to maintain application and database systems for performance and availability.
* Define and communicate project milestones, service level agreements, and resource allocation to management team, department leads, support staff, and end users
* Ensures work is performed in compliance with company policies including Privacy/HIPAA and other Regulatory, legal, and safety requirements
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Technical knowledge of web and database technologies:
* Working technical knowledge NoSQL, PostgresSQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
* Working technical knowledge of web applications and platforms including IIS, Node.JS, Nginx,
* Ability to operate tools, components, and accessories.
* Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
* Ability to conduct research into applications issues and products as required.
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
* Strong customer-service orientation.
* Proficient in communicating to both technical and management levels
* Ability to work in cross functional teams
* Skilled at creating an environment which supports the timely exchange of high quality information.
* Proficient at promoting effective working relationships in multi-disciplinary teams.
* Adaptability to quickly and proactively implement change initiatives, providing guidance to others in meeting changing needs.
* Strong ability to manage people and project allocation.
* Knowledge and experience with FDA and ISO regulated industries, a plus
* Knowledge and experience with waterfall and agile methodologies, a plus
* Minimum certifications/educational level:
* B.S. in computer science or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
* Equivalent education includes technical school training and certifications in networks and servers.
* Minimum experience:
* 3+ years of experience working in a Linux and/or Windows server environment including:
* Linux and Windows Servers in a 7X24 customer facing environment.
* Configuration and administration of database servers.
* Identifying and troubleshooting issues with applications, software, installation and configuration.
* Support of web applications in a high volume 7X24 customer facing environment.
* Understands professional concepts of area of specialization and uses them to creatively resolve issues.
* Works on problems of varied scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
* Normally receives general instructions on routine work, requires instructions only on new projects or assignments.
* Customarily and regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment.
What's in it for you?
We've got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care - Tandem's got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick's Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.