The Deployment Engineer will be responsible for installing and upgrading the firm's award winning applications in our private cloud, as well as customer-hosted instances. Our Cloud Ops Application Engineering Team is the team of technical experts that runs and manages application operations for the company's clients. Environments are technically sophisticated and the ideal candidate is looking to learn and work within the agile Deployment Methodology, custom and proprietary tools we use to manage the environment, automation technologies, alerting, and others.
We are an agile and innovative 21st century software company focused on providing next-generation, business-transforming technology products to the healthcare market. We enable our customers to radically innovate, drastically reduce costs, and efficiently address the business imperatives of the evolving healthcare economy.
* Report to the Director of Cloud Operations and work within the Cloud Operations Team to plan, build, run, and monitor the deployments of all our applications.
* Build, manage, and troubleshoot our suite of products.
* Identify areas of improvement where automation would help streamline processes.
* This role will have occasions where off-hours work (including weekends) will be required, in order to perform upgrades in production environments.
* Perform all job functions consistent with the firm's policies and procedures.
* 1 - 3 Years of experience
* Bachelor's and/or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS or related disciplines or equivalent work experience
* Experience training or acting in a deployment or solutions engineer, and/or system/platform engineer, technical application support, or experience in a system administration role
* Interest in deployment and automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet) and experience working with major public cloud providers including Azure, Amazon WebServices, and RackSpace.
* An Engineering mindset - focused on designing, implementing and improving processes and technology
* Strong working knowledge and hands-on experience with major J2EE middleware tier software offerings such as;
* WebLogic, WebSphere, or JBoss
* Strong Linux skills. To be successful, you must be comfortable on a Linux server and able to easily navigate around a server
* Familiarity with PL/SQL and T-SQL and related relational database technologies.
* Ability and desire to learn new technologies and apply new skills.
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Ability to play a vital role in high visibility assignments. The ability to communicate directly with senior management.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities and communicate to project teams.
* Strong troubleshooting skills, a must
* Shell scripting skills are a strong plus