Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot's Software Engineering organization is expanding, and is looking for a Junior Software Engineer for our Build and Tools group. If you thrive in a fast paced, cross-function environment, enjoys driving improvements across the software build and release process, impassioned by new technology, naturally curious and are a builder, we would love to hear from you.
What you will do:
As a member of of the team you will play in integral role in multiple facets of the build, test, and deployment systems, including designing the build / test / release pipelines for the development team to helping fellow engineers resolve problems in the development environment. In this role you will:
* Continuously improve our build processes and automation to increase reliability, predictability and manageability.
* Create, improve, and maintain the build and release processes and tools used by mobile engineers.
* Collaborate with Development, QA, and IT, to build, design, implement, and maintain deployment automation from code check-in to production.
* Recommend and implement automation wherever feasible.
* Establish and implement standards for build artifact management.
* Support and further integrate automated tests, quality metrics and conditional deployments into the software build process.
* Support and maintain all operational activities related to continuous integration (CI) systems.
* Contribute to an atmosphere of cross-functional teamwork.
* Define, develop, implement, document and evolve continuous integration and delivery tooling and standards
* Co-op or internship experience working in a DevOps / Release Engineering environment; ideally candidate will have 2+ years experience
* Strong scripting or programming knowledge
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Aptitude and willingness to learn quickly
* Working knowledge of Linux
* BS degree in Computer Science or a related field required
Nice to have:
* Working knowledge of Python and Makeflies
* Working knowledge of Git/BitBucket
* Experience with a cloud platform such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
iRobot is an American technology company that designs and builds behavior-based AI robots.