We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
We are passionate about quickly delivering awesome products for our agents, customers, and internal partners through highly effective CI/CD pipelines. Farmers is looking for a DevOps Architect who has deep understanding of DevOps process and tooling. In this role, you will join the Farmers Life IT team in building, maintaining, measuring, and constantly improving our delivery effectiveness.
At Farmers, we develop software in a fast-paced environment utilizing SCRUM methodology. Our engineers have extensive experience in their areas, are life-long learners, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo. You'll work closely with our entire systems and agile teams in a concerted effort to increase Farmers pace and efficiency.
Essential Job Functions
* Work within a team of like-minded professionals to plan, deploy, and maintain critical business applications.
* Manage engineering team members.
* Evangelize industry standard DevOps practices and influence teams to adopt them.
* In line with DevOps culture, fully support applications from ideation to production.
* Work closely with the application development and platform engineering teams in our organization to achieve robust, scalable automated testing and release procedures.
* Manage all release and deployment activities including engineering decisions and maintain our CI and CD pipelines for continuous advancement.
* Design, build and implement automation CI/CD pipeline working with tools such as TFS, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes and Docker.
* Participate in the SCRUM activities across key initiatives (big room and sprints).
* Build, deploy, monitor and troubleshoot as needed.
* Be vigilant and aware of security in daily activities and align closely with our enterprise security team.
* Collect and use metrics to drive continuous improvement of engineering practices.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent, relevant experience.
* Expert skill in the following tools and systems: TFS, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Git.
* Experience in Linux/Unix/Windows environment and scripting languages: Shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell.
* Experience with SQLServer, JSON/XML, REST services, Data Design/Modeling, Java, C#.
* Experience with metrics and monitoring.
* Knowledge of tools such as AppDynamics and Splunk.
* 8+ years' experience working in an agile DevOps environment.
* Experience with AWS a plus.
Special Skill Requirement
May require occasional traveling regionally or globally Excellent written and oral communication skills in local language Level-2: Able to take part in meetings and discussions and give information about own area of expertise, able to compose memos, simple letters and short texts.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 07/11/2019