Prolifics helps organizations around the world leverage digital technology solutions to innovate and compete, while optimizing costs and operational agility. For more than 40 years, our industry-specific insights, certified digital technology accelerators, deep technical expertise, and global delivery model have transformed organizations around the world by solving complex IT challenges. Over 100 Fortune 1000 companies across a range of industries, including financial services,healthcare, and retail, have trusted our knowledge, consultants, and expertise to implement their IT visions.
We're looking for a senior DevOps architect consultant with a deep experience in designing and delivering DevOps solutions, that can provide leadership in this area for our customers.
Requires a strong background in cloud solutions as almost all of the DevOps solutions we deliver will be in a hybrid cloud context.
This position reports into the Head of DevOps and Platform. This is a full time position within our organization and will require travel.
A successful candidate must be able to take customers from start to finish of their DevOps journey:
* Leading discovery sessions to understand where the customer is at the moment, what their requirements and pain points are
* Create and lead demos for the customer to show them the "art of the possible"
* Creating a vision and a roadmap for optimizing and improving their DevOps solution capabilities and then delivering on this roadmap
Delivery experience is essential and the successful candidate will be required to be able to:
* Establish tools and environments
* Design and implement CI/CD pipelines, especially those targeting hybrid cloud environments
* Design and implement automation scripts
* Establish configuration management strategies and practices for application source code
* Coach and advise customers on usage of DevOps tools and solutions
* Advise on advanced practices - deployment patterns, infrastructure-as-source, scaling optimization
* 15 years+ of experience in software development/delivery
* Bachelor in Computer Science or similar
* Core experience in software development,
* Multiple technologies
* Enterprise-level development
* Architecture and design experience
* Core experience in DevOps, continuous integration, continuous delivery
* Setting up CI/CD pipelines
* Designing and developing build and deploy automation scripts
* Expert level in a number of different tools/stacks
* Experience at working in hybrid cloud environments
* Experience containerizing application software using Docker
* Provisioning infrastructure and container images in multiple clouds
* Full lifecycle experience in multiple roles: developer, architect, team lead, build/release engineer
* Strong consulting background
* Technical sales / pre-sales background
* Advanced knowledge of Linux and or Microsoft systems administration
* Experience with the following tools
* CI/CD (Jenkins, Ansible, Bamboo, Rational Team Concert, UrbanCode Deploy, Azure DevOps)
* Repository (Git, Nexus, Artifactory)
* Scripting (Groovy, Ant, Python)
* Automation (Maven, Helm, Chef, Puppet)
* Platform (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, IBM Cloud Private)
* Other skills;
* Willingness to take responsibility, accountability and ownership
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* The ability to influence others with your ideas and provide vision
* Fulfilled a number of leadership positions
* Experience at rolling out agile development methods and techniques (e.g. scrum)
* Experience in coordinating technology decisions with architectural requirements and constraints
* Strong team player
Prolifics is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive suite of benefits to fit the needs of the employees, for more information on the benefits offered please refer to our website at https://prolifics.com/careers/benefits-0