Société Générale ("SG") is one of the biggest financial institutions in France.
Today, SG is a top financial services group in the euro-zone, employing 157,000 people in 83 countries in three key businesses:
* Retail Banking & Financial Services, serving more than 30 million individual customers worldwide;
* Global Investment Management and Services, one of the largest banks in the euro-zone in terms of assets under custody and under management;
* Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), offering customized solutions for clients across sectors by capitalizing on its worldwide expertise in Investment Banking, Global Finance and Global Markets.
The majority of Société Générale's activities in the U.S. are centered on the SG CIB Division.
SG CIB's Global Information Technology Division, ("ITEC")
ITEC is responsible for:
* Designing, implementing (on a cross-functional basis) and maintaining the referential data architecture, while ensuring continuity of service at agreed levels. We design solutions to support the business growth from the business lines.
Prime Services, Straight Through Processing ("ITEC/PRM/STP")
The STP Team is responsible for all the post trade systems, from execution to settlement, cross asset (Listed Derivatives, Equities & Fixed Income, FX & OTC). Platforms in scope include feeds from & to 3rd party systems and in-house software for reconciliation, allocation, workflow purposes to handle the entire trade lifecycle for the agency business (prime brokerage) of the global markets business lines.
The job is interesting, varied and as part of your duties you will:
* Provide 2ND & 3RD level Application Support and Development for wide range of applications in Prime Brokerage business. This role will be responsible for supporting, fixing, administering and improving a technologically diverse stack used to clear and settle trades across many exchanges, regions and assets (Listed Derivatives, Cash Equity and Forex market). The successful candidate will need to be energetic, hardworking and willing to take full ownership of issues that arise; ensuring issues are resolved from start to finish. You will be working on low-latency high volume tier 1 trade clearing applications and must be able to think quickly and deal with pressure at all times. Strong knowledge in diverse technology stack such as Java, SQL, Shell, Python, SSIS, SQL, PL/SQL and experience is a must
* Write developer documentation on our platforms as requested to facilitate onboarding of developers, training of the support teams and user guide for the end users
* Decommission legacy processes & applications and migrate them to newer technology & target platforms
Graduate with a Master degree from Business school or University in IT.
A previous experience in Investment Banking would be appreciated.
You are fluent in English.
You are proficient in Office application
* Background in Linux/UNIX administration
* Experience with automation/configuration management, instrumentation and deployment of code to production
* Ability to use a wide variety of continuous delivery technologies (XLDeploy, Jenkins)
* A working understanding of code and scripting (Python, Shell)
* Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships with business and colleagues
* Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for details; a strong desire to learn and contribute solutions and ideas to the team
* Comfortable working in high-pressure, time-sensitive, and fast paced, sometimes ambiguous and matrix team environments
* Having a dominant expertise in either Java or SQL Server
The VIE assignment in a nutshell
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com, in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
This VIE in Chicago is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 18 months.
To facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for applying in English.
About Société Générale
Societe Generale attracts deposits and offers commercial, retail, investment, and private banking services.