What you'll be doing...
* Lead engineer in the Device Technology Innovation Lab, overseeing the lab design, architecture, RF network and hardware configuration, installation and maintenance in support of 4G and 5G device test activities.
* Responsible for managing and maintaining LTE and 5G network equipment in the lab environment, including routers, eNodeBs, gNodeBs and gateways from vendors such as Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung, Cisco and HP.
* Responsible for managing and upgrading the RF network in the lab to support 4G and 5G device testing
* Support troubleshooting, analysis and resolution of lab issues. Collect and analyze network and device logs and work with vendors to drive issues to closure in a timely fashion.
* Work across organizations and with vendors partners to plan and implement upgrades of the lab network to support the latest 4G and 5G features
* Take new responsibilities on short notice, meeting deadlines and deliverables in a timely fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science.
* Six or more years of experience with wireless networks.
* Knowledge of LTE and 5G standards, network and device operations.
* Strong experience with wireless features such as Carrier Aggregation, VoLTE, VoWiFi.
* Experience with ISO17025 or other quality standards.
* Experience in the design and implementation of multi-vendor data networks, including Service Routers, Firewalls, MPLS, VPRNs, NAT/PAT, HSRP/VRRP, Site to Site and Client Based VPNs.
* Experience in understanding and implementing test scenarios for advanced network features.
* Experience provisioning and logging wireless network elements such as eNodeBs, gNodeBs, MMEs, SGWs, PGWs, Service routers, Cisco routers, Juniper firewalls, hardware-based VPNs, database servers.
* Strong understanding of IMS, SIP, TCP/IP, ipv4/ipv6, IP routing protocols, and LAN/WAN Communication protocols.
* Experience provisioning and logging wireless network elements such as eNodeBs MMEs, SGWs, PGWs, Service routers, Cisco routers, Juniper firewalls, hardware-based VPNs.
* Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and react in a fast changing environment.
* Excellent communication, collaborative, interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to capture/understand/debug logs using network and device logging tools such as protocol analyzers, packet sniffers, DM tools, IRISView.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.