GPU Development Tools Architect
A key part of NVIDIA's strength is our advanced development tools and simulation environments that enable our incredible pace of delivering new technology to market. We are looking for visionary, hard-working, and creative people to join a dynamic software team with high production-quality standards. Our work includes developing chip simulations in SW, chip test authoring languages and tools, and driving performance improvement. NVIDIA is continuously pushing the state of the art in chip development tools and infrastructure to enable the next generation of chips.
In this position, you will develop the core infrastructure for modeling, analyzing, and debugging the development of large-scale, general-purpose graphics and computing chips. This infrastructure enables our driver stack, applications, tests, and studies to run unchanged on all functional, diagnostic, and performance models, and on simulations, emulations, and silicon for all our GPUs.
What you'll be doing:
* As a member of the team, you will play a critical part in every stage of development of a GPU
* You will coordinate with GPU architects to enable functional and performance testing for the next architecture
* You will empower GPU architects to understand application performance today and model competition-destroying performance for tomorrow
* You will work closely with SW teams to help them deliver production-ready drivers when silicon goes to market.
* In this role, you will dramatically improve the daily workflows of the world's top chip modelers and designers to help produce the world's next greatest generation of GPUs.
What we need to see:
* You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Compute Engineering or equivalent experience. 5+ years of relevant software development work experience
* Strong C++ programming capability required (experience with boost or C++11/14 a plus). Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns required
* Experience with chip and/or system simulation a huge plus
* Strong scripting skills desired
* Graphics or CUDA knowledge a plus
* Experience with OpenGL, Vulkan, Direct3D, CUDA APIs a plus
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different frameworks and requirements
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
NVIDIA is a fabless semiconductor company providing graphics processing units (GPUs) for the gaming and professional markets, as well as system on a chip units (SoCs) for the mobile computing and automotive markets.