The Development-Operations (DevOps) Engineer will use skills in Linux server technology on a virtual platform to provide engineering and architecture services for the design and deployment of a highly scalable and geographically diverse infrastructure to support business critical applications. The Engineer will also provide development support for Puppet configuration management, and automation of Java and Tomcat-based application servers and other core infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL Job Duties & Responsibilities
* Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production, focusing on end-to-end automation for the deployment of new servers, new code, and new applications.
* Work with QA team to automate testing and test cycles.
* Provide technical leadership for Linux infrastructure design, performance, and configuration management.
* Responsible for source repository design, setup, and ongoing support to help ensure correct artifact versioning and control.
* Design and architect the Linux Infrastructure to support business needs, and address security compliance and requirements.
* Provide automation and tuning of enterprise Linux systems and applications through use of scripting, Puppet, and Ansible automation/configuration management tools
* Provide technical leadership for deployment automation of all code releases utilizing Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins and other support infrastructure tools to minimize errors, outages, and deployment downtime windows.
* Provide support for various Java and Tomcat-based applications on the Linux platform.
* Oversee and assist team with internal application software code updates in multiple environments, from Development through to Production, following established change control process.
* Troubleshoot and provide break/fix support for hardware, operating system, and application software issues on the Linux platform.
* Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and system logging; utilize monitoring tools to identify issues and resolve and/or escalate to Development.
* Provide escalation support for members of Operations teams.
* Provide ad hoc assistance as needed.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related IT field or the equivalent work experience. Industry certifications related to position a plus.
* Minimum of 6 years of experience working within a diverse IT environment that includes direct experience with Linux engineering projects and architecture.
* Hands-on experience and expertise with GIT, Puppet, Jenkins/Hudson.
* Experience working with virtual infrastructures (preferably VMware vSphere).
* Experience working with Puppet or Ansible as a modern development management tool with a thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
* In-depth knowledge of Linux (Red Hat/CentOS) administration and support, and multi-tier application production operations.
* Skill in scripting (e.g. Shell, Python, Ruby, or Perl).
* Comfortable with frequent, incremental code deployments with a grasp of automation tools, such as Puppet, Ansible or Jenkins.
* Ability to lead activities on release deployments based on agile development methodologies.
* Working knowledge of physical and virtual data centers, networking concepts, operating systems, DNS, and storage as related to a Linux infrastructure.
* Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a diverse team of business and IT staff.
* Ability to effectively prioritize, execute and report status of tasks in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
About NMI Holdings
NMI Holdings is to provide reliable coverage through straight forward insurance policy terms.