Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it's for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We're looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you're passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren't afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Development Manager on the Infrastructure Platform team, you will lead teams that build and operate everything from the network backbone to the servers in our datacenter and in the cloud. You will lead the services that run the operate the servers globally to the platform that game developers use to build, deploy, and operate the game at all phases of development. Your leadership will directly impact the protection of our IP and players experience. This team powers the services and infrastructure behind League of Legends as well as paving the way for future games. We operate at a scale that challenges us to continually improve and shorten the time to deliver new features and value to the players.
We are looking for a Development Manager who possesses leadership, technical knowledge, curiosity, and interpersonal skills that will enable you to lead and handle all aspects of delivery throughout the development and operating lifecycle. You will ensure that we have an effective and sustainable process for planning, estimation and development. You will identify and remove blockers while tracking and pursuing dependencies, risk management, and continuous improvement. You will work alongside engineering managers and product managers to develop a shared vision for development of our backend infrastructure and services to ensure game teams can meet their needs and so that players have an extraordinary experience.
* You will align highly autonomous teams towards complex multi-year goals while meeting the operational needs of current customers
* You will regularly assess the team's maturity, health, and composition, passionately striving for cohesion and delivery excellence
* You will run, plan, and track production and development schedules and workflows, while raising risks, handling trade-offs, and eliminating blockers
* You will continuously assess a team's current situation and adapt planning tools, Agile methodologies, and communication channels to ensure successful, sustainable and reliable delivery
* You will create visibility and predictability via roadmaps, anticipative planning, and active risk management
* You will drive team consensus on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results
* You will create, maintain and disseminate project information to partners
* 7+ years experience leading technical projects
* Experience with leading engineering teams and stakeholders
* Managed hardware/software products through entire life cycle - from inception, launch, to maintaining and operating a live service
* Lead cross-functional teams to deliver products to worldwide markets
* Chartered large projects with multiple teams
* Confirmed results tracking and improving overall team health
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
* Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups
* Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues and internal or external customers.
* Excellent knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies, and ability to adapt as needed
* Strong technical acumen and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated ability to lead project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development.
* History of leading remote and distributed teams
* Experience working in a fast-paced matrixed technical organization, preferably in a DevOps or site reliability engineering environment
* Capable of delivering on multiple contending priorities with little supervision.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale
* Ability to design, implement and improve work systems on Team of Team level and pod level
* Experience in working with distributed teams and facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging and results oriented
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.