Search for more jobs
Development Manager - MATLAB Editor and Command Window
* Job: 19753-MKAI
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Manage a development team responsible for delivering new features for the MATLAB Editor, MATLAB Live Editor, and Command Window.
Manage a development team responsible for delivering new features for the MATLAB Editor, MATLAB Live Editor, and Command Window. As part of the larger MATLAB Editor cross-functional team, you will:
* Guide developers through the full software development lifecycle of requirements gathering, design review, implementation, testing and delivery
* Develop a biannual release plan as well as a long-term vision for your area
* Work with UX and customer-facing engineers to develop requirements
* Deliver well-written, well-reviewed, high-quality code
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree) is required.
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related discipline (MS is preferred), and at least 10 years software industry experience is required.
* Full time experience in the software industry with a proven track record of delivering engineering projects is required.
* A strong aptitude for understanding complex user workflows and how to use this knowledge to build better software is required.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to demonstrate experience as a strong team player.
* Industry experience in software engineering is required with full software life cycle, including requirements gathering, high-level design, coding, testing, debugging, and maintenance.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.