Search for more jobs
Development Manager - Licensing applications
* Job: 21260-MMCC
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Business Applications and Tools
If you have strong systems/business analysis abilities, prior experience as a developer, and now manage a development team, then we're looking for you! In this role, you will engage with leadership in developing license model strategy as MathWorks builds SaaS and cloud-based product offerings, and you'll lead your team in delivering strategic custom licensing solutions.
* Manage the growth and performance of developers responsible for custom licensing applications.
* Collaborate in the development of business processes, goals, and short- and long-term strategies by working closely with business leaders.
* Prioritize your project portfolio, ensuring that the application functional roadmap supports business goals and initiatives.
* Provide hands-on support in delivering projects by:
* Communicating the project vision, goals and priorities
* Analyzing requirements
* Guiding technical designs/architecture
* Ensuring projects have rational timelines
* Helping the team to develop and improve processes
* A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
* 2+ years of experience managing solution delivery and performance of a technical team in building custom web applications
* Familiar with software licensing concepts and industry trends and various licensing models, e.g. usage-based models and subscription
* Strong business and systems analysis abilities, including an ability to elicit, analyze, and document high-level and detailed requirements
* Demonstrated ability to work with business stakeholders at many levels in the organization, is an effective bridge between the technical team and the business.
* Technical understanding of web application technologies and architecture, preferably with prior hands-on Java and/or Spring development experience
* Experience managing agile delivery of software
* Experience managing and communicating a strategic application roadmap with a 1-2-year horizon
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
About The Mathworks
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.