Ernst & Young
As part of our Americas Tax Technology (ATT) you will be part of an organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our clients and client-serving Tax professionals. ATT professionals will partner with our tax professionals to develop supporting technology such as digital/mobile tools to improve internal operations, application of technology to collect financial data, development of advanced financial dashboards, visualization, analytics, and reports.
The Development Manager role is in the Solution Delivery pillar. The main function of this pillar is to develop and test solutions created to support the Americas Tax Practice.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Partners with the Product Owner to own the Design, Plan, Build, and Support of one or more products in Portfolio
* Responsible for product delivery, maintenance, and escalated technical support across one or more products within Portfolio
* Ensures adoption and compliance with established Reference Architecture standards and policies
* Manages all aspects of development including estimating of LOE and managing staffing as well as execution & performance management of development team
* Plans and supports vendor management activities- vendor assurance, procurement, invoice approvals
* Coordinates with DevOps, Architecture, InfoSec and other internal teams
* Leads urgent response team to respond & resolve production issues
* Partner with the Development Leads and Architects in the creation of architecture artifacts for products within the portfolio including Infrastructure Architecture Document (IAD) and Solution Design Document (SDD)
* Drive the definition, communication, and adoption of development patterns and practices across product teams within portfolio
* Drive the effective organization and execution of product development and Urgent Response teams across the products in their portfolio
* Accountable for the delivery of one or more products within a portfolio (depending on size and complexity).
* Accountable for alignment of product development with the firm policies and standards.
* Accountable for the technical aspects of the product(s)
* Responsible for producing technical documentation/diagrams that depicting the larger ecosystem of products supporting the SSL portfolio
* Responsible for creating and maintaining the technical roadmap for the ecosystem of products supporting the portfolio
* Discover and exercise opportunities for reuse within and across portfolios.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
* Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
* Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
* Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
* Empowered to make decisions and recommend approach based on the results from quality reviews
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
* 6+ years of hands-on experience leading development teams applying agile/lean practices.
* Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
* Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
* Strong understanding of distributed systems and web services technology
* Understanding of agile project management methodologies
* Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
* Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrated results in delivering excellent technical designs
* Experience managing vendors and service providers in order to meet business and company goals.
* Experience with managing teams, onshore, remote and offshore teams to work towards development best practices.
* Experience in technical design development and review, with the ability to provide insight, guidance and review at all levels from architecture to design and code.
* Experience in development using the Microsoft .NET platform, and responsive UI technologies
* Experience building Cloud-native solutions (MS Azure preferred )
* Experience managing cross-functional disciplines of development, test and operational roles preferred
* Exposure to project management principles and methodology preferred
* Tax domain knowledge preferred
* Provide supervision and direction to team members and staff
* Delegate, coach, coordinate and lead co-workers and project team members.
* Leads a functional team with responsibility for utilization, assignments, and reports to a pillar leader
* Responsible for training and standards for functional team performance
* Has direct responsibility for supervising personnel, (i.e., sets goals, assigns work, reviews performance, and conducts career development discussions)
* Occasional overnight travel may be required
* A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
* Master's degree preferred
* 10-15 years of relevant experience.
* Management experience a plus
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young (doing business as EY) is a multinational professional services company.