Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we're looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world's energy future, there's no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand - with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Salesforce Engineer (Development Lead)
DESCRIPTION: SunPower Corporation is seeking an experienced Salesforce Development Lead to enhance and maintain the Salesforce platform for Commercial Operations work stream. This role will report to the Manager of Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
* Design and develop solutions on the Salesforce platform to meet end-to-end process requirements to support a globalized operations process.
* Lead a team of salesforce developers; Manage the day-to-day operations of the development team including peer code reviews, technical implementation details, troubleshooting, and deployment activities.
* Partner with the product management team and peers to define application roadmap to ensure a scalable and effective application infrastructure.
* Conduct technology/solution evaluation and recommend an appropriate solution to support operations business needs.
* Advise product management on business process improvement and reengineering opportunities.
* Work with product owners to ensure that relevant information systems serve the business needs effectively.
* Project leadership through all phases of the project lifecycle, including Analysis, Requirements Definition, Design, Build & Test, Conversion, Deployment for operations delivery functionality.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
* Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of related experience.
* Development experience on Salesforce platform.
* Advanced degree preferred.
* OR an equivalent combination of education and years of related experience.
* Experience in using efficient methodologies (e.g. Agile - Extreme programming, test driven development) and continuous deployment tools (e.g. Git/Jenkins/SourceTree/BitBucket/etc.)
* Experience in integrating systems using Middleware.
* Understanding of object-oriented concepts, abstraction/inheritance, as well as experience with object-oriented languages.
* Ability to discuss and debate all options to achieve the optimal solution.
* Advanced knowledge and practical experience with application design principles, patterns, and practice.
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Experience with JS frameworks.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Fun to work with and sense of humor appreciated.
* Familiarity with building and using REST APIs.
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
* Excellent organizational skills. Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Good people management skills, including recruiting, mentoring, and career development.
* Deep expertise and successful working experience with software providers covering all phases of the systems development lifecycle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual's qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
SunPower Supports EEO
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Developer, Information Systems, Middleware, Testing, Business Process, Technology, Management