Requisition ID: 220898
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries run better. From back office to boardroom, warehouse to storefront, desktop to mobile device - SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
* Come and make the future happen in the Cloud -- join the development team of SAP SuccessFactors! Under the brand SAP SuccessFactors we develop state-of-the-art cloud computing products for HR processes (Human Capital Management HCM) in an international setup. These products help our customers to simplify HR processes, support talent development, and maximize employee engagement to transform strategies into measurable business outcomes. With our product portfolio we are the market leader (20 million users in 177 countries) and continue to grow at a fast pace. Become part of the team that is rapidly advancing the capabilities of our SAP SuccessFactors products and work with SAP's proven Cloud experts.
* One of our important SuccessFactors products is Employee Central Payroll, a comprehensive Cloud product for payroll that consists of the integration between the SuccessFactors product Employee Central and SAP ERP Payroll hosted in the Cloud. Employee Central is the market leader for core HCM (Human Capital Management) applications in the Cloud with more than 2800 customers. Employee Central Payroll has been showing triple-digit annual customer growth rates in the recent years. Both Employee Central and Employee Central Payroll continue to grow steadily and rapidly.
* We offer a dynamic, international environment, with opportunities for continuous learning, training, and career development. To ramp up and get familiar with your work and the organization, you can make use of a dedicated buddy in your team who supports you personally.
* You will work in a Scrum team with a diverse mix of highly motivated young and mature talents focused on both ABAP developments and Java developments.
* Apart from St. Leon-Rot as the largest development location for Employee Central Payroll, we also have a development location in Bangalore, India.
* SAP provides an informal company culture, modern work places and offers a variety of additional benefits to its employees like hackathons, sports facilities, free lunch meal, trust-based working time, social and cultural events and much more.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Be part of the engineering team located in Germany and work in a highly motivated Scrum team. Your responsibility will be to cover all stages and tasks within the entire software development cycle:
* You work as an ABAP/Java developer in an agile development team according to the Scrum methodology
* You develop in the SAP ERP backend and in the Employee Central part of the Employee Central Payroll product. We have experienced colleagues in your team to support you in acquiring the knowledge you need to build up.
* You contribute to architecture and concept definition depending on your experience
* You take over responsibility for design, testing, implementation, maintenance, and customer support
* You cooperate closely with colleagues across functions in your team and with other development teams
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
You have a degree from a university/academy of cooperative education (Bachelor, Diploma, Master, PhD) in one or more of the following fields: information technology, computer science, mathematics, applied sciences, engineering or a related area.
* Excellent programming skills; very good knowledge and experience in ABAP or in Java development
* Excellent analytical skills
* High self-motivation and execution skills: result-driven, ability and willingness to quickly take responsibility and to execute
* Strong social skills and outstanding team player - consensus building and openness to new ideas and intercultural co-operation
* High quality, service and customer-oriented working attitude
* Very good German and English language skills (written and verbal) is a must
* Experience of application development especially in the HCM area (Human Capital Management) is an advantage
* Knowledge in HCM is a plus
* Knowledge in integration development would be an advantage
* 7+ years of experience in software development
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Payroll, SAP, ERP, Developer, Engineer, Finance, Technology, Engineering