OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The 'New' Fox Corporation Information Security team drives security initiatives across all of Fox's US based businesses, including Fox Broadcasting Corporation, Fox Sports (FS1 & FS2), Fox Business and Fox News. Fox is one of the nations largest broadcast groups and premier sports brands. The newly formed Fox Corporation is heavily focused on producing high-quality live events and high volume direct to consumer digital distribution.
Are you ready to join a more agile company ready to rapidly innovate and build new products? This role will be focused on applying a Software Development approach to Information Security. A core focus for this Software Developer role will be on driving automation, codification of processes, building unique services enable business devs to be more secure, and modernizing security. This position will have the unique ability to dive into development across all of Fox's businesses and help reinforce a standard of security across the board. We are interested in someone who is willing to challenge the status quo. Want to help other devs code more securely? Want to utilize your software development skills to build tools and features for our developer portal? How can we automate identification of security issues and their remediations? How might we create POCs for the company to align to? What open source technology is available that can be applied as part of our tool set? Have an opinion on DevSecOps? Bring it to the table!
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
* Build powerful security software and micro-services to be consumed by consumer facing applications.
* Design and build security automation services.
* Build software testing strategies.
* Ensure a standard of security across critical applications by participating in Security Architecture Reviews and code reviews.
* Build detection mechanisms and automated remediation services.
* Design and maintain an API infrastructure that will integrate with multi-platform applications.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS); Lambda, API Gateway, Step-Functions.
* Experience developing with Node, AngularJS, or React frameworks.
* Experience with developing models and queries against large datasets.
* Ability to develop in an Agile (SCRUM, Kanban) environment.
* Comfortable in Linux.
* Secure SDLC best practices.
* Curious software engineer passionate about security with experience creating high quality production grade services.
* A cloud fanatic, ready to build security workflows with Step Functions and Lambda.
* A champion for making security accessible for developers.
* Have a knack for simplifying processes and low friction security.
* Believe any process that is repeated may be a candidate for automation.
* Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile processes and working methodology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.